Default Roommate Eviction in New Jersey

My question involves an eviction in the state of: New Jersey. Hi, I have lived with 3 roommates for almost two years now. I am the only person on the lease (which states there is subletting allowed, however my landlords are well aware that there are other people living with me), and have maintained a healthy relationship with my landlords. One of my roommates has been a pain for months now, messing up the house and not cleaning, broken a window, late on bills/rent, always loud late in the evening-had the cops called on him because he and his friends were too loud on the porch etc. He has always payed the bills and rent to me in cash and I have considered him as a month to month tenant at my discretion since I was the only one who signed the lease. I spoke with the landlords and they said to send him a certified letter to give him 30 days notice and I did. It is now about 35 days later and he is still not out and I have a new roommate moving in in a few days. Is it possible to simply call the police and have him removed from the premise? Is there anything I can do to get him out of the house within the next few days? Thank you for the help

Default Re: Roommate Eviction in New Jersey

Assuming your notice was legally valid, you may now commence an eviction lawsuit. If it was not, you need to start over with valid notice.

1. Sponsored Links