I have a copyrighted idea that I copyrighted in US & have that certificate from Copyright office.
I did sell that idea to some people for a price & had them sign a confidentiality agreement.
That idea now is stolen by at least 3 prominent people ( Who did not buy that idea from me ) & they are using it on their website & selling it thru books & CD/DVDs.
Here are my questions :
In any kind of a Lawsuit your success depends mostly on how good a lawyer is.
(1) So, When searching for a copyright lawyer how do I find a very successful lawyer ? Google can give you the names of firms & lawyers but how do I know how good are they ? The other party has money so they are going to get the best lawyers & hence I must have as good or better right ?
(2) Whenever I talk to a lawyer, I am going to have to disclose my idea in deatail to him. What precautions do I need to take to protect that idea is not going to be misused by an attorney ? Do I need to make some kind of written agreement with him ?
(3) If I was living in California & a person in New York violated me copyrighted material, which state do I need the lawyer from ?
(4) Do copyright lawyers work on a contingency basis like personal injury lawyers ?
(5) What does a Premier & Platinum lawyer mean ?
(6) Within how many years should I file a lawsuit after I discover my copyrights have been violated ?
(7) What if that time period has passed but the other party is still violating my copyrights as of now ?