Default Red Light Fail to Stop in Toronto - HTA 144 (18)

As stated in the title I was given a ticket for Failure to stop at a red light before making a right onto a major intersection eglinton ave (exiting a residential area/side street). Under Sec 144 (18) - 3pts

First off, my van is in the shop for transmission failure so take into consideration that I was driving a beat up 1990 Honda Civic (clocking @ over 200kms). And the fact that I was driving in a 40km zone prior to making that right (OBVIOUSLY I stopped before making that right - account that it takes over 10secs to get from 0-40km in that crapbox).

But keep this in mind, another car was travelling on eglinton (middle lane) so the cop must have been behind him because that car honked at me while I was making that right (even though I was nowhere close to him - again recall my 1990 shitbox civic it would be remotely impossible for me to be travelling at such a speed to even endanger that driver so I don't even know why he was HONKING) and mind you I was turning onto the INSIDE lane. So I'm thinking the only reason the cop even gave me that ticket was because of that jerk who was honking. Hence, it must have caught their attention but again, I made a rolling stop but made that right turn slightly after the honking car (obviously I realized there was a car honking so I presumed w/ caution)

Now i'm faced w/ 3pts and a $185 fine, do I have a fat chance settling this case?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you all!

Regards

Default Re: Red Light Fail to Stop in Toronto - HTA 144 (18)

You say you made a "rolling stop"? That's the same thing as "not stopping".

Thanks Mrs. Knowitall.

Back on topic, can anyone else shed light on this mishap? Double thanks.

That was on topic. Or was your narrative your way of saying, "I have no defense to this ticket, but what do you think will happen if I throw myself on the mercy of the prosecutor or court?"

1. Sponsored Links