Default I'm Sixteen, My Boyfriend is 18 and We're Having a Baby

My question involves marriage law for the State of: Maryland.

I read that me and my boyfriend can get married without parental consent because I'm pregnant, but I was wondering if we are engaged and since I am pregnant if I can move in with my boyfriend first. I'm out of school I graduated early, my boyfriend has a good job, insurance everything. We're ready to raise our child together. My parents don't understand too much. My mom is mental and pretty selfish, she overdoses on her perscriptions, my boyfriend doesn't want the baby around her at all when he or she is born. I just hope someone can help me out.

Default Re: I'm Sixteen, My Boyfriend is 18 and We're Having a Baby

Actually....
    Quote Quoting Maryland Code, § 2-301. Marriage of individual 16 or 17 years old; marriage of individual under the age of 16 years.
    (a) Marriage of individual 16 or 17 years old.- An individual 16 or 17 years old may not marry unless:
    (1) the individual has the consent of a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian swears that the individual is at least 16 years old; or

(2) if the individual does not have the consent of a parent or guardian, either party to be married gives the clerk a certificate from a licensed physician stating that the physician has examined the woman to be married and has found that she is pregnant or has given birth to a child.
    (b) Marriage of individual 15 years old.- An individual 15 years old may not marry unless:
    (1) the individual has the consent of a parent or guardian; and

(2) either party to be married gives the clerk a certificate from a licensed physician stating that the physician has examined the woman to be married and has found that she is pregnant or has given birth to a child.
    But no, you don't get to move out of your parents' home before you're married, just because you're pregnant.

Default Re: I'm Sixteen, My Boyfriend is 18 and We're Having a Baby

And don't be too hard on your parents.

Most parents go "mental" when their daughter starts motherhood before she has been driving a year.

1. Sponsored Links