Default SSDI Timeline

I live in Orange County, CA., and am in ill health considering applying for SSDI.
    I get the impression I am going to wait two years before seeing a dime and how do I go about finding a good lawyer to speed the process, also how are you supposed to survive in the meantime, fundamentally you can't work so how do people apply, wait & qualify and still be alive that long if you don't have a savings set aside. See the complete question and thought here?

Default Re: SSDI Timeline

The Orange County Bar Association offers a lawyer referral service.

How long your application takes depends upon the merits of your claim, whether your claim is properly submitted, the evidence you have of disability, your medical evaluation, and any backlog in the system.

One thing that can help a lot with a claim is to get educated about things that you can do to improve your chances of your claim being approved. There are many things that you can do at different stages of the process to give yourself the best possible chance.

The official disability sites won't tell you about these things, you have to do searches for sites through search terms like "SSDI tips", "SSDI secrets", and you will find the sites on the net which can help you to win your claim.

Right now I'm near the point where my initial claim will either be approved or denied, and so I'm learning all that I can to be prepared to appeal and to handle the case if I do appeal as well as I possibly can. One site that has a lot of good info for this is disabilityappeal.com, there are several other good ones as well, but this one has tips that I haven't seen anywhere else and a lot of good general information.

It is true that it takes awhile to be approved, whether it's 6 months or 2 years, and you can only make $940/month while you are waiting to be approved, so it can be difficult to go through the process. But it's good to know your options and to look carefully into the process to see if it's an option that you want to take. It's good to at least know if it's right for you.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that it works out for you.

Apply right away that is ASAP. You always get denied the first time around. The lawyer can't help you usually until you get to that point. At least in this neck of the woods. Apply for at least temp benefits.
    You need prayers and luck.

The lawyers who specialize in disability claims are I think just called disability lawyers, I think that's the usual term for them. If you want to find one you could look for them on google maps, put in your city state and "disability lawyer" in the search. But the best way is probably word of mouth, someone you know might know of a good disability lawyer.

But I think it's probably important too to make sure that the lawyer knows their stuff. So it's good to educate yourself on what it takes to get disability benefits, read up on it by searching for "disability tips" or "disability secrets" before you start the process. If you know the territory and do the right things, you have better chances of winning your case in the long run.

1. Sponsored Links