Default How Do I Get a Copy of My Contract

My question involves employment and labor law for the state of: Arizona

I signed non-compete contract with a former employer in the field of home repair over a year ago. I am anxious to get back into the field of which I received no special training from the former employer that could be considered unique or patented. The only inside information that I had at my disposal was that of any tech working in the field. I never received a copy of my contract and am now getting the runaround as I try to obtain it. I want to start my business the right way (Lawyers, accountants, ect) but cannot move forward till i receive my contract. When I requested a copy all i got in the mail was a printed letter from my former employer saying that I cannot work in the state of Arizona for 2 years , a brief description of what I cannot do, my employment dates and the date the contract is up. Am I entitled to the disclosure of any copies of signed documents?? Is there an official request I can send him by registered mail telling him that I am demanding the copies or else after a reasonable amount of time his lack of action will make the contract voided?? I am waiting to go b4 a lawyer with the contract for evaluation to see if I am legal in starting my business. I am going for an area of the phoenix valley in which my former employer does not advertise nor does he even perform any service work unless he recieves a special request (friends, famiy, or the friends of current customers)

Any legal advice or past experiences in this area would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: How Do I Get a Copy of My Contract

I doubt very seriously that a prohibition against working in the state for two years would even be enforceable. See if an attorney's request can shake it loose.

I have talked to about a dozen attorneys and majority of them want 1000+ just to write a letter requesting. I am trying to start my business with the assets I already have without having to take out a loan. I was hoping to type up a letter myself and send it to get the contract.

Times are tough

$1000 to write a letter?

1. Sponsored Links