Default Charged with petty theft

hi...i was recently charged with petty theft...i was given a notice to appear in court on march 2006....what happens in this court hearing??? i already paid for the stuff i took from the store and this is my first offense...i have no intention of ever doing it again...i live in california and i want to know what happens in court. i really do not want to go to jail. what should i do?? please help. im scared.

get a lawyer.

Default Court Hearing

The first court hearing is probably an arraignment; procedure varies by state and to some degree by county or locality. At an arraignment there is a formal reading of the charge against you and you have an opportunity to enter a plea. Sometimes if you plead guilty you can be sentenced at that time. You should consult a local criminal defense lawyer to explore your options.

im planning to plead guilty to the crime. since this is my first offense, are they going to put me in jail?? all they did was give me a yellow ticket for NTA and they didnt put me to jail or anything. is it possible that im only gonna get fined? or have to do community service?

Default need advice please

what is the worst case scenario for me? need to know ASAP. this is my first offense for petty theft and i was not taken to jail when iw as charged and have already paid for what i took. is it possible that after my court appearance, i will spend some time in jail? or will it be just a fine???help!!!!!

It would be nearly impossible to get jail time on a petty theft first offense. I would get a lawyer ASAP, the knowledge, strategy and peace of mind you acquire is well worth it.

1. Sponsored Links