Default Sole Legal Custody in Maryland

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Maryland
    My ex has legal custody of our 6 year old. He has informed me that our son is going to a psychologist. I think that's wonderful. I realize that I have no rights as to the actual decision, but don't I have the right to be kept informed as to that decision, and who that person is, etc?

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Sole Legal Custody in Maryland

Quote Quoting kamikake
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Maryland
    My ex has legal custody of our 6 year old. He has informed me that our son is going to a psychologist. I think that's wonderful. I realize that I have no rights as to the actual decision, but don't I have the right to be kept informed as to that decision, and who that person is, etc?

Thanks for your help.
    What does your court order state regarding medical decisions?

It simply says that my ex "shall have sole legal and physical custody of the parties' minor child" and that I am "subject to the right of visitiation" as we had agreed upon, and was later layed out by the court. It doesn't say anything clearer than that. Again, thank you so much for any input anyone can give me.

Quote Quoting kamikake
    View Post
    It simply says that my ex "shall have sole legal and physical custody of the parties' minor child" and that I am "subject to the right of visitiation" as we had agreed upon, and was later layed out by the court. It doesn't say anything clearer than that. Again, thank you so much for any input anyone can give me.
    You might need to go back to court to have the order clarified that you have to be notified. Get a short consult with an attorney to see if that's what you need to do.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was afraid of...I am trying to do as much as possible before we have to take that step, (trying to talk and work things out cordially) and I was looking for legal mumbo jumbo somewhere that spelled out that intent. I have had this same issue upheld with my other ex, and have tried reminding him of that, but I figured I would try a different tact. Thanks!

1. Sponsored Links