Default Removing the father's name from a birth certificate

ok, my story might be complicated..
    when i was 17 i got pregnant and my boyfriend at the time went to prison. shortly after he left, i got with someone else, i didn't know i was already 3 months preg. i told my new bf and he was ok with it, seeing as he was my best friend, he told his family that it was his kid and i told my family that it was his, even though it was not. I know, big mistake. me and my boyfriend had a long talk about whether he should put his name on the birth certificate or not. we discussed how it would not be a good idea 'cause we might break up and so on and so on. when i had my daughter, he decided to put his name on the birth certificate as her father. we were together until my daughter turned 1 and a half. my daughter is now almost 3 and it seems that me and him have grown farther apart. so my question is this...

to remove the father's name from the birth certificate completely so that he won't ever have to pay child support, would i have to take him receive a paternity test in order to remove his name?

because not only that but i do now know where my baby's bio father is now that he's out of prison. so if anyone knows if it's easy/hard to remove the father could you please let me know.

i want to correct the error i made before it's too late. thank you for your help.

Default Re: to remove father's name off birth certificate

Quote Quoting Angelika
    to remove the father's name from the birth certificate completely so that he won't ever have to pay child support, would i have to take him receive a paternity test in order to remove his name?
    In California, after filing a voluntary declaration of paternity, you have sixty days to cancel the declaration. After that, it is necessary to file a court action.

1. Sponsored Links