Results 1 to 3 of 3

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default If One Remarried for Another Green Card Attempt

    My question involves divorce in the State of: California

    I am an alien and wants to get US green card. My first marriage for green card was divorced before I got the first interview and the case was withdrawn and I was reported as marriage fraud. My work permit card also was returned with statement "This person did not live at that address."
    I am still in the US as over stay for a few months after my divorce.

    If I remarry to another US citizen, does ICE give me a hard time since I got reported as marriage fraud?

    (Note: When I sent in the withdrawal of the green card petition, I sent in the divorce petition also as the reason why I needed to stop the paper. On the divorce petition form, there was a question "how long the couple has lived together? The answer was zero months and zero days.)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: If One Remarried for Another Green Card Attempt

    You mean, when ICE is looking at a person that has already been deemed a fraud that then shows up with ANOTHER marriage partner, will ICE be suspicious of your love?


    I doubt they will believe it for a single minute.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: If One Remarried for Another Green Card Attempt

    In other words: ICE will definitely give me a hard time during the interview such as they will separate the couple for the interview, they will look closely into my application...
    Here I thought about the problem: When I fill out the address(es) where I lived in the past during my first marriage, I face the problem, would I, because:

    1) If I put in the address in my biograhic form G-325A that I used for the first marriage, then they saw the working permit card was returned, and the statement that it was a marriage fraud and 'this person never lived here'.

    2) If I don't put in this address and put in a different address then they compare and found inconsistency and they would ask me why didn't I report of change of address.

    I won't have an easy time to re-apply for green card even if it will be real marriage? If they just deny me for any reason then I will be banned from entering US. And my 'true' husband will have to live outside of US if he wants to continue our marriage????

    Once I goofed (I was reported, I dropped the petition before the interview) chance is slim for me to get green card by marriage?????

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Legal Permanent Residency: Had a Green Card, Got Married, and My Green Card Expired
    By AMFL1 in forum Permanent Residency and Naturalization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 09:16 PM
  2. Legal Permanent Residency: My Husband Destroyed My Green Card and Social Security Card
    By boynton in forum Permanent Residency and Naturalization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 03:47 PM
  3. Asylum: How to Change Asylee Green Card to a Married Green Card
    By rubi in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 08:43 PM
  4. Dad Has Green Card Son Has Social Security Number But No Green Card
    By stable1 in forum Family-Based Immigration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 03:51 AM
  5. H Visas: H1B to Green Card
    By woow14623 in forum Business and Employment-Based Immigration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Forum Sponsor
Find A Lawyer - Free, confidential referrals.
Legal Forms - Buy easy-to-use legal forms.

Untitled Document