Default Pregnant Teen Emancipation

My younger sister is 16 and found out she was pregnant to her 20 year old boyfriend who is not a US citizen. I warned my parents she was sexually active about 5 months ago. Anyhow, I am 21 and moved out about 4 months ago with one of my other sisters because of the mind games and manipulation my mom plays on me and my other sisters. My mom is trying to force my sister into a pregnant teen center half way across the country in the end to give her baby up for adoption. The father of the unborn is willing to support both my sister and the baby. My mom's other plan of attack is to get the poor guy deported and then manipulate my sister into giving her baby to my parents to adopt. Honestly it is not an issue of love it is a control issue. When I moved out my mother and one of my older sisters tried to make sure I couldn't move out by sending my apartment complex icriminating documents and false information about myself and my other sister. I should have done something about it when I had the chance, but how do you prosecute your family? Anyhow, my younger sister only has a year and a half left of school, she wants to finish high school and raise her child. She knows it would be hard, but she has been working since she was 14 and is a very responsible young woman for her age. I was wondering if there is a way she could live with me and become emancipated so she could accomplish her goals but have me to fall back on if need be. I just don't think I could allow my sister to not know where her child is for 18 years of her and the baby's life. I know PA laws says she needs to be able to manage her finances, but what if I told the courts I would be responsible for her financially and make sure she would finish school? I don't want my sister to lose her baby with the stress at my parents' home either...which is a great possibility since my health has improved since I have been out on my own. Unfortunately my dad holds a respectable position in society he is a pastor, I don't want to hurt him at all, but I am also wondering if my sister's case would be dissmissed with the fact that he is well known and liked. As a side note, my parents have had Child Welfare services called on them two times in my life for abuse but me and my sisters were threatened before we were interviewed not to say anything incriminating. Would this help the case?

Default Pennsylvania Emancipation Law

Pennsylvania's emancipation policies vary by county. You may find this information and guide to each county's policy from the Juvenile Law Center to be helpful.

Default Re: Pregnant Teen Emancipation

The easiest way to become emancipated is to get married to the guy but that would need a parents permission and by the sound of it that option is out. Go to the court and tell them the situation. It is your sisters decision of giving up to baby. Your mom has no say. If you tell the courts what your mom is doing then you can try and get custody of your sister now I am from California but it can't be that much different. I am 17 with a 6 month old baby and a 22 year old husband living in our own apartment in Oklahoma, so you guys can make something work.

Default Re: Pregnant Teen Emancipation

This thread was posted almost four years ago. The "minor" is now 20.

1. Sponsored Links