Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surveillance cameras in fitting rooms?

i was caught shoplifting at macys....because the security had a feeling that my cuisn was shoplifting.

the thing is that i had my jacket on zipped up.. when I came to the store and I put a sweater on in the fitting room. and i came out of the fitting room with my jacket on and zipped up so cameras won't see the sweater .. cameras didn't see under my jacket.

the thing is my cuisin was caught because he had a bag and they stopped me too.. the found cloth on him.. but they didn't find anything on me.. but the security guy told me i was going to be arrested too because i was making company to him... but he never mentioned i had one of their sweater on...i believe he woulded have taking it away from me.

(this is the second time do this and the last one too)..never been convicted or arrested for anything... I'm paying alot of money now for a lawer...believe me guys is not worthy.

i don't want to have a bad record .. and i will plea not guilty... even though i did it .

what chances do i have of getting convicted.. do macys have cameras in fitting rooms.. can they see u getting undress.

Default Surveillance Cameras

It is exceptionally unlikely that there were video cameras in the changing rooms. Usually when there is such surveillance, it is performed live by a same-sex employee. As you indicated, had they been watching you they would have found the sweater you stole.

It is not possible to assess your chances of being convicted without knowing the evidence against you. But as you admit to being guilty, the chance that there is sufficient evidence to support a conviction is probably significantly higher than it would be if you were not.

Thanx for you reply,
    Mr. Knowitall

what makes me feel a little bit better is that I bought the exactly the same sweater three days before. (why I was stealing the same sweater??i guess i liked it alot.. I don't know.. sometimes you do stupis stuff and you don't even know why)

the point is that i have the receipt for that sweater that I paid for three days before...I might use is as proof I brought the sweater from my house.

I'm afraid to talk to my attorney about this.. should I ??? will he still defend me as a nonguilty defendant.???

I am not a legal expert, however i do work LP so i have experience with the subject.

It is very very illegal to put cameras in the dressing rooms or restrooms. Those are the only places that are off limits everywhere else is fair game. They can still know if you stole the sweater if they watch you enter the dressing room with a sweater, then exit without it and there is no sweater left in the dressing room. But it doesn't seem that they knew about the sweater because they would have asked you to give it back to them when they stopped you. Now as for them charging you with being an acomplice to your cousin, if they can prove that you knew that your cousin did not intend on paying for any of the items, and if they saw you hold the bag for him, or select an item for him or anything like that then they have the right to charge you for shoplifting the items even though your cousin was the one that actually walked out the store with them. Now I would deffinately tell everything you know to your lawer, that's the only way that he/she could give you the best defense. As for bringing up the sweater...the loss prevention department for that store doesn't know about it so don't bring it up it would just bring more confusing and more trouble for you and is more than likely be more incriminating than it would help you.

Some retailer have camera fitting rooms. How this works is a female sits and reviews the womens fitting rooms and the male watches the mens. These rooms are highly monitored so that the lp employees are not sneaking into each seperate room. The biggest thing is that if these areas are monitored a notice must be posted.

gb1983, no retailer in their right mind has cameras in fitting rooms. The only way a fitting room can be monitored is in person, men working men's, women working women's. There are no special mirrors, cameras or anything else to watch fitting rooms or record what goes on in fitting rooms. I don't know where you pulled that one out but it's totally wrong!!!

Hey, its true. I worked for a retailer who did just that. As long as all are made aware of the fact. Its not very common, only a few stores out of many had this sort of operation and yes it is a huge liability issue for a company, but i promise you this is not me making stuff up.

gb1983, tell me where to go shopping.....I want to retire a very rich man. I've been in LP for 17 yrs and the only time I've even heard of a "viewing type system or device" in a fitting room was from some perv coping a look at the young chicks. The company you're referring to is in violation of a ton of laws, I have a hard time believing it......sorry just MHO.

I understand, completely and totally where your coming from. I did not believe this was legal either. I to have been in LP for many years and have heard nothing of these practices occuring anywhere else. But according to their standards, which as I said I agree with what your saying %100, it was acceptable process. I don't have as many years as you do and I'm sure you are much more studied in law, but I'm stating what was written in this retailers policy handbooks. I also have not worked for this retailer for many years and do not what became of this issue, I was just speaking on what I was exposed to in the past. Thanks.

Ok...we're cool.....so tell me where to do my Christmas shopping, I could use the extra money!!! heh

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast