Default Terminating a Guardianship in Oklahoma

My question involves guardianship in the State of: Oklahoma

In 2003 my mother filed for temp guardianship of my three children... she lived in washington county and i and my girls lived in Tulsa county... i took them to church camp and two days later she filed an emergency protective order and then the temp guardianship order...

she made allegations of apartement being to small and financial unstability.. she had never been to my apartment EVER... nor did anyone from the court or the state to verify her allegations... but in a nut shell i could not afford a good attorny and she was granted the guardianship....

Now my oldest who is almost 17 wants to come back to me because she has learned alot of what her grandmother did and said was wrong... but i can't find a way to get her back... or where to even start... can someone tell me if any of this was right from the beginning where she was able to get the guardianship without proving her allegations and where she i turn now? She has three of my girls but only the oldest wishes to return... she has had stress induced shingles and just diagnosed with massive depression her grandmother pulled her out of public schoo and made her stay home to school her younger sisters... the mental abuse she goes thru from her is hard to put in here... but any advice to get her help would be appreciated...

Default Re: Oklahoma Terminating Guardianship

If the children are being abused in any way, you need to get CPS involved. The national hotline is 1-800-4-A-CHILD.

With respect to getting your children back, you need an attorney. There is no getting around it, you need one. Contact the Oklahoma State Bar Association for a referral to a free or low cost attorney.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Default Re: Oklahoma Terminating Guardianship

ok... well i am in the process of trying to find and lawyer and went to the link that you provided... which thank you by the way... but today i went to the court house to get a copy of the file and was refused and told i had to have an attorny put in a motion to have appearance before the judge before they would release a copy of everything to me.. being the biological mother and a part of the suit why would they refuse to let me get a copy of the original petition and the final court order?? i am confused at this point... as with the whole thing actually...

1. Sponsored Links