My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: virginia
I am 15 going on 16 in July.
My parents are divorced and I'm from Virginia, but my dad has custody of me and he made me move to TX with him. So currently I am visiting my mother in VA for the summer. I cant get a job because I'm forced to constantly move back and forth.
Heres my problem ever sense my mom and dad got divorced 8 years ago there has been a lot of issues. My mom has been through money problems, and theres many other things me and my brother had to deal with and get through. But they made it even harder on me and my brother when my dad married my step mother.
 She does not like us
 She is the reason my dad forced us to move to TX and caused more problems between my dad and mom.
My younger brother has ran away from them 2 times, every thing started happening putting me through depression. Its like I have been getting punished for them getting divorced.
I don't want to deal with all the problems my family has with each other any more. I just want to go back to the school i was going to, and graduate with all friends i been with sense elementary school.
- I am able to get a job .
-I already know where i would stay .
-My grandmother on my moms side has already paid for a in state collage for me.
Here are my questions about becoming emancipated
1. I know I will need a lawyer , so how do i get one?
2. In the process if getting emancipated I'm guessing it would take a few months or so, will i have to go back to TX in August with my dad, or stay in VA?
3. What is the percentage of kids who actually are granted emancipation?
4. What kind of reasons does the court look for when they grant people my age emancipation.
5. Am I of age do be doing this or do i need to be older.
6. Where do i start?
How and who do i contact to get emancipated?
7. What kind of things do i need to know to be prepared for going to court?
If there is any more information i need to know about getting emancipated please tell me. this web site is very help full thank you so much!