Default Lost Green Card And Multiple Drunk Driving Convictions

Hello, i have been a permenant resident in the USA since i was 14, i am 30 now. My mother was actually born in the USA, Citizen but lives in Egypt and my father obtained his citizenship (also lives in Egypt). I basically never went to do my citizenship since i always thought a permenant resident is just fine and i'd do the citizenship later.

I lost my green card physically so everytime i travel i goto the INS office and have them stamp my passport showing that i am a permenant resident.

Then this last time i went i started the paperwork to get my replacement green card since i physicallly lost mine. and on April 1st i went to do fingerprints and on April 7th i actually travelled to Egypt to visit my family, i recieved a letter in the mail *my roomate in USA informed me* that said they want the court dispositions for my 3 arrests i've had..here is where it gets UGLY.

2004 was a horrible year.

July2004 Misdemeanor DUI & Failure to obey police officer.sentenced to 10 days jail in AZ with work release.

October 2004 Pulled over for DUI, since i had no liscence *suspended for past dui* this makes it an Aggravated DUI in AZ. ( I was not drinking or anything and this case was tossed out)

December 2004 Pulled over for DUI, since i had no liscence *suspended for past dui* this makes it an Aggravated DUI in AZ

**Yes ofcourse your thinking this person must be an idiot and I AGREE! i do not and have not ever drank since.

None of those DUI's involved accidents or injury or anything.

The first DUI was a misdemeanor the 2nd and 3rd which were both AGG's were combined and tried together the 2nd was dismissed in the plea deal and i plead guilty to the 3rd (AGG DUI) recieved 4 months in DUI PRISON *not jail* 4years probation. Class 4 felony.

Since then i have asked about getting citizen ship with a Class 4 DUI felony when i've gone to immigration and they said its a DUI and no one was hurt so i should apply for my citizenship BUT after i get my green card physically in my hands *since i've lost the card*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is, now that i went and did the fingerprinting for the replacement Green card i feel like i opened pandoras box, because now they sent me the papers saying i need to send them court disposition of my arrests in 2004

1)why do they need this, i already have a green card *permenant residency*i just lost it and wanted to get a new one?

2)Can they actually revoke my permentant residency for this?

3)Every time i've travelled since 2004 i've been question when entering the USA but always no problems, they just ask basically how could i be so stupid and arrested 3 times in 6 months for DUI! But now i' am in Egypt and this letter is waiting for me in USA do i have to worry about entering this time?

4) i've asked immigration officers about getting citizenship and they said a DUI is not a crime of moral terpitude even though its an Agg DUI, is this true? Or is Aggravated DUI a crime of moral terpitude even though there was no injury?

Can you please advise me and just help guide me in the direction i need to take, obviousley INS has known about my arrests since 2004 *when you goto DUI prison you go through INS if your a greencard holder* Why now that i applied for replacement they want dispositions...

I obviousley should get a lawyer but now i'm in Egypt so please advise.

ps: i know drinking and driving is very dangerous i had my Dui's before even going to one class or doing one day of jail for the FIRST ONE! Now i've learned and I NEVER EVER EVEN TOUCH ALCOHOL since i can't handle it and its taste even SUCKS! So please don't attack me and so forth, i made mistakes and i paid for them. Thanks

Default Re: Lost Green Card And Multiple Drunk Driving Convictions

Yes, they can recind your residency for this.

They could not recind your citizenship. But you are basically here as a guest.... a guest with a long criminal record.

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    Yes, they can recind your residency for this.

They could not recind your citizenship. But you are basically here as a guest.... a guest with a long criminal record.

This is the legal answer i was looking for? i was really looking for a more indepth answer, at least one that gave advice, now because you answered this no one else will answer it and you basically said nothing! Thanks

Quote Quoting Tarek
    View Post
    This is the legal answer i was looking for? i was really looking for a more indepth answer, at least one that gave advice, now because you answered this no one else will answer it and you basically said nothing! Thanks
    So here is what you do.

You hire an attorney. He/she will sit down with you as long as you want to tell you that they can recind your status for this.

Your choice.

1. Sponsored Links