Default How do I find out if I'm still married

Yes I'm tring to find out if my marriage back in December 18,1995 is still valid. The reason why I'm asking is because I never consimated the marriage and the next day after I got married I left him because I found out that he only asked me to marry him so that he can become a citizen. I have not seen or heard from him since then. I currently live in orlando fl. and the marriage took place in new york, new york. I need to know if we are not married because I would like to marry my common law husband of 7 years.

Default Divorced? Annulment?

There is no common law divorce. If you haven't divorced your husband or successfully completed an annulment, you're married.

Default how do i find out

how can i find out if he went and filed a divorce without me knowing? This is important because I want to marry the man I've been with for 7 years.

Default Divorce Records

He probably didn't - there is a requirement that he notify you. Or is it that you moved and didn't leave a forwarding address?

Contact the counties in which he has lived since you separated, and ask them to check their divorce records. Or contact him and ask him.

Default need to know

i moved and didn't leave a forwarding address to anyone especially him. the last place i know of were he lived was in new jersey after i left him, but before that he lived in queens new york...is there a site i can go to to see if anything was filed so many years ago.

Default Divorce

You can contact the counties in which you believe he may have lived, some of which may have searches on their websites, or you can pay a records search service to perform a statewide records search, but I am not aware of any free statewide search service. But it seems most likely that you remain married.

1. Sponsored Links