Default Dispute Over Children's School District

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Ohio

I have two children (4 and 5) and I am at the tail end of an annulment (dissolution). Things are moving forward quickly but I have a concern. The house we bought is in a bad school district. The STBX does not want to live there and I wouldn't DREAM of sending my kids to that bad school district, and neither would she. I cannot afford to send them to a private school. She also can't afford/doesn't want to buy a house in decent school district, she wants an apartment downtown. A very very good friend of hers just bought a house in a good school district.

I currently have a house in a school district that I am happy with and there are no major problems with the school district, which is why I bought it. However, she just "doesn't like it" and wants to send the kids to the school district that the friend lives in and claim his house as her residence, even though she has no intention of living there. It won't be long until it is time to sign up for school again and I am the only one with a house with a decent school district and have no plans to move. This doesn't affect custody/visitation arrangements because that can be worked out around the schooling and that has nothing to do with this post.

I realize I don't have a specific question, but more of a "what would you do in this situation". We are very close to a dissolution and have no intention of turning this into an all out divorce.

Default Re: Dispute Over Children's School District

I'll tell you what I would not do: I would not commit fraud in relation to the children's school enrollment.

Agreed.

You could always just pay tuition in the friend's school district.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    I'll tell you what I would not do: I would not commit fraud in relation to the children's school enrollment.
    Oh, I ABSOLUTELY agree and I want no part of that...but that is her plan rather than sending them to my district. I can't imagine any judge in the world considering that to be okay.

1. Sponsored Links