Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008

    Exclamation Changing My Child's Last Name In Tennessee

    My question involves name change laws in the State of: TN.
    I am so frustrated ! I have looked all over the Tn. website and cannot find the information that applies to my situation.
    My daughter has her father's last name and he has had a total of 1/16 years of relationship/visitation with her. She and I want the name changed.
    He doesnt pay child support , call , visit , send gifts or anything any decent father would do. .......We have all agreed (accept the father) and want her name to be the same as my family but it's not my maiden name. Must we do an adoption , or can we just change the name ? Please help us !

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

    Default Re: My Childs Last Name Is Cursed. How Do I Change It ?

    I don't know who the "we" is that is all in agreeance, but dad has to agree also.

    All this and I was prepared to hear something about some foolish family curse and was prepared to ask you whether you knew enough about him to know about the "curse" BEFORE you chose to make a baby with him.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Default Re: My Childs Last Name Is Cursed. How Do I Change It ?

    Was paternity ever established? Did he sign the Acknowledgment of Paternity at the hospital?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Changing My Child's Last Name In Tennessee

    I would refer to, Tn code 36-1-113.
    If I read right. Refer to this Tennessee code. I am also in TN.
    Adoption, might be your only option.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Changing Jurisdiction, Missing Child, Child Support
    By danal in forum Child Custody and Visitation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM
  2. Tennessee Child Support
    By wonderbread01 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 07:49 AM
  3. Child Support in Tennessee
    By mcnugget_2 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 05:25 PM
  4. Child's last name in Tennessee
    By confusedwmr in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 02:13 PM
  5. Can an adult child recieve back child support in Tennessee?
    By industrial_glycerine in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Forum Sponsor
Name Change Forms
Quick, easy-to-use forms for all 50 states.

Untitled Document