Default Stolen Auto Claim and Suspected Insurance Fraud

My truck was stolen from where it was sitting for sale (right next to my work) over 2 weeks ago. I live in AK, so like most people that i know, i had left an extra key hidden in the vehicle so i could start it in the morning and keep it locked up. Well, i came out one morning to find that the truck was missing, and a pile of glass was laying on the ground. The truck was found 3 days later outside of town burnt to the ground (im not sure if anything was missing from it, i havnt seen it yet). Well, Geico said that they need to investigate the claim which i take them to mean, (we want to see if you had anything to do with it). I understand that they need to do their thing, but the guy that is supposed to look into this has had the claim for over a week now. We are going on 3 weeks, and i cant seem to get any help. And my fear is that they are going to drag this out as long as they can. What options do i have? How long can they drag this on? What should i expect from the investigation?
    Thank You!

Default Theft of Vehicle

If they believe you burned your own car and falsely reported it stolen, they may drag things out for a long time, may ultimately deny your claim, and may even try to initiate criminal charges.

How could they without any proof? Being that I had nothing to do with it, how could they say that they believe something? I hope that they find whoever did this, but lets say they dont. Are they legally able to just point a finger and run with it?

Default Arson & "Stolen" Cars

If the insurance company thinks that you are committing fraud, they will normally first investigate (and/or try to get criminal charges filed) to try to find evidence that you burned your own car, and even if they can't find evidence they sometimes refuse to pay a claim and force the insured to sue them to try to recover under the policy.

OK. Well, I hope that it doesnt come to that, I wouldnt think that it would.
    Thanks for the reply, btw, this is a very cool site. Its good to see that someone is willing to help w/o charging first.

Thanks again.

1. Sponsored Links