Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Child Support Enforcement And Modification

My question involves child support in the State of: Florida

My husband is being taken back to court for an increase in child support because she is upset that filed for shared parental responsibility and is also receiving visitation. Although he does make more money he has seasonal variations in his income and somtimes barely makes enough monet a month with expenses. He has two young children with me and only has one daughter (her only child) with the other woman. She is using the child support office for help so he will be stuck with the court fees. She has recently moved to a new home by her self and doess not need the money but wants it and is using the child as a pawn just because she is upset with the outcome of the visitation hearing. My questions are this : Will he get a increase in his child support because of this? Also should he show pictures of her new home as evidence that she does not need extra money? Also should he take her back to family court and ask the judge for rotating custody and used this case as evidence that he should receive it? He always wanted more visitation time but the courts only gave him standard visitation (every other weeked, half of summer, and some hoildays) bacause they couldn't agree (actually she wouldn't agree to any) on the type of visitation. He is currently up to date with his child support and she is on Medicaid ( he is also because he is not eligible for insurance and he does not make enough sometimes to pay for the insurance and have money for bills) so she does not pay for any insurance for the child. Also with the new law in florida that gives the non-custodial parent the right to recieve rotating custody if they ask for it and file papers help him in any way or even possible? She sometimes schedules things during his visitation time and expects him to pay for it or tell him that he needs to bring her back early but he is reluctant to take her back to court for contempt because it is her word against his.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Child Support Enforcement And Modification

We have no way of knowing as we only have your view of the issue. Have hubby to talk to his Attorney over this and if no Attorney he might consult one. Take all evidence to court. Becareful not to make this a name calling blame laying session. It needs to be about facts no hatred

Even if mom earned $100K a year, dad would still need to contribute child support to contribute to the well being of his child while in her care. IMO - showing photos of her new home will only make you appear petty.

If the mom is not following the ordered custody agreement then the dad should document everything and then file asking that the order be enforced.

panther10758 Guest

Support and visitation are two seperate issues! Am I to understand that you feel that because Mom makes good money that Dad should pay less to support his own children?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

It is absolutely presumptious to think that because she's living well she doesn't NEED the money and who are YOU to tell someone what she NEEDS? How far in her wallet are you exactly?

Take the pictures of the big house if you'd like. It'll give you guys something to strive for I guess because that's the only purpose it will serve.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

I am not saying that he should not pay his child support. She is asking for an increase only because he asked the courts for visitation because she wouldn't let him see the child. He just doesn't want it increased ( child support) because he has seasonal varitations in his income and sometimes doesn't even have enough to help me with bills after the rent is paid. He is more than willing to have more time sharing with the child to help her with cost but she will just refuse. He has two other children that he has to help pay for daycare and she only has one.

The simple fact of the matter is that he knew he had a child to support when he made more. I'll also add that if the support order hasn't been modified recently, she probably should have it reviewed anyway. If there are seasonal variations in his income, then in the months where his income is lower, he needs to get an additional source of income, or better, you may need to.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

Quote Quoting tiffini
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: Florida

My husband is being taken back to court for an increase in child support because she is upset that filed for shared parental responsibility and is also receiving visitation. Although he does make more money he has seasonal variations in his income and somtimes barely makes enough monet a month with expenses. He has two young children with me and only has one daughter (her only child) with the other woman. She is using the child support office for help so he will be stuck with the court fees. She has recently moved to a new home by her self and doess not need the money but wants it and is using the child as a pawn just because she is upset with the outcome of the visitation hearing. My questions are this : Will he get a increase in his child support because of this? Also should he show pictures of her new home as evidence that she does not need extra money? Also should he take her back to family court and ask the judge for rotating custody and used this case as evidence that he should receive it? He always wanted more visitation time but the courts only gave him standard visitation (every other weeked, half of summer, and some hoildays) bacause they couldn't agree (actually she wouldn't agree to any) on the type of visitation. He is currently up to date with his child support and she is on Medicaid ( he is also because he is not eligible for insurance and he does not make enough sometimes to pay for the insurance and have money for bills) so she does not pay for any insurance for the child. Also with the new law in florida that gives the non-custodial parent the right to recieve rotating custody if they ask for it and file papers help him in any way or even possible? She sometimes schedules things during his visitation time and expects him to pay for it or tell him that he needs to bring her back early but he is reluctant to take her back to court for contempt because it is her word against his.

I am not saying that he should not pay child support. He is paying his child support and doesn't have a problem with that. The point that I am making is that she wants an increase only because he asked for visitation. He doesn't want an increase due to the fact that he has seasonal variations in his income and has two other children to support. He wants more visitation and she will not give it to him. So while you are supporting her in her gain for more child support to are not reading my part of the story. She asked to cancel child support just so he would not she her. So with that being said do you really support your response in my question before? He sometimes barely makes enough to pay other bills after the child support is paid and we pay rent.

Quote Quoting tiffini
    View Post
    So with that being said do you really support your response in my question before?
    Yes, because my response is based on the law and not emotion or his financial issues or whether he chose to have additional children or whether or not his current wife wants to work or get a second job or anything else for that fact.

Quote Quoting tiffini
    View Post
    I am not saying that he should not pay child support. He is paying his child support and doesn't have a problem with that. The point that I am making is that she wants an increase only because he asked for visitation. He doesn't want an increase due to the fact that he has seasonal variations in his income and has two other children to support. He wants more visitation and she will not give it to him. So while you are supporting her in her gain for more child support to are not reading my part of the story. She asked to cancel child support just so he would not she her. So with that being said do you really support your response in my question before? He sometimes barely makes enough to pay other bills after the child support is paid and we pay rent.
    So basically because he has one child that is all he should have in life is one child? She didn't even tell him until the child was almost 3 years old that the child was his? When she was preganant she said it wasn't even his. The point of the matter is that he is paying his child support and she sues him for more out of spite. He doesn't even spend as much weekly on his children that live at home with him than what he gives her a week for child support.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast