Default Evidence To Prove Alienation Of Affection In North Carolina

My question involves alienation of affection law for the State of: NC
    I feel that a friend of mine has a good case to sue the woman that her future ex-husband is dating. I was wondering what sort of documentation she would need to prove her case such as phone bills, credit card statements and such? Also can she call the ex's friend and the woman's best friend in to testify as to the time the affair started. They all used to go on double dates behind my freinds back when she was still marrried to him and pregnant with his child. Her future-ex and his best friend both have left their wives for these other women.
    Thanks

Default Re: Evidence To Prove Alienation Of Affection In North Carolina?

I was wondering what sort of documentation she would need to prove her case such as phone bills, credit card statements and such?
    Yes. She would also need to prove that the woman in question had malicious intent - that SHE instigated the affair with the intent to destroy your friend's marriage. It's often hard to prove.

But why would you encourage your friend to put herself through this? A divorce is hard enough. Having the intimate details of your failed marriage dragged out for all the world to see while you sue someone because your husband left you? Not a stress free situation.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Link provided for informational purposes only on Alienation of Affection & Criminal Conversation for North Carolina.

My friend doesn't mind airing her dirt laundry since she and her child are the only clean ones involved. She doesn't mind who finds out since it was not her fault. She kept her vows and tried to work on her marriage and family. This other woman knew her and had met her and had even seen her pregnant, yet she still continued to persue this affair for her own gains.

Intent is not really difficult to prove as long as the woman knew that the husband was married. You need to have evidence of sex for criminal conversation and of a happy marriage destroyed by the homewrecker for alienation of affection. Admissions of the husband and homewrecker will help but other hearsay will not. See a North Carolina lawyer with experience in this matter for further information. If the homewrecker has money the lawyer may be willing to do a contingency arrangement.

1. Sponsored Links