Unhappy Work Harassment And Libel In Ohio

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Ohio

I am an educator and am feeling harassed at work. I have had administrators make negative comments to me about my family and have had false allegations made public regarding my qualifications for my position. I have been under an inordinate amount of stress from the situations caused by these administrators and in turn have been under treatment for depression. What would be the ramifications of pursuing litigation and would the costs (financial and otherwise) possibly outweigh the benefits?

Default Re: Work Harassment / Libel In Ohio

Becki, I wish I had some magic answer for you. Some employers and agents of are simply just downright stinking mean, they live that way, it is essential to thier being, to harass and degrade others, and the feelings of a another person mean nothing to them. I honestly feel for you!!

Workplace stress can kill a person and bring even the strongest down to a subhuman level.

Since you say you were under so much stress you are now on depresssion medicine, it "could" trigger the tort of "Intentional infliction of emotional distress". My source states Ohio recognizes such in the employment environment and should apply in your case also being an educator??

Russ v. TRW, Inc., 570 N.E.2d 1076 (Ohio 1991), reh’g denied, 574 N.E.2d 1084 (Ohio 1991);

If you are a public educator, some constitutional concerns may apply, Ohio and federal??

You can of course schedule an appointment with an attorney who say specializes in employment/labor law and discuss your facts.

If there have been false allegations made against you, it could rise to the level of defamation, slander or libel!!

Best wishes,

BOR (Bill of Rights)

1. Sponsored Links