My question involves towing laws for the State of: Florida
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie to the site and I'm also one of the board members at my Condo Association. I wanted to throw this out to the experts.
We have had a problem with people abandoning cars in our property. I would say there are about 15 to 20 cars that don't belong to anyone. We recently implemented parking decals so that way we are able to identify the residents that live on the property and those who don't. We want to be able to tow vehicles that do not have a decal on the vehicle. Visitors must have a visitor pass from a security guard in order to leave their car overnight. I have the following questions:
1. Is it legal to enter into a contract with one of the owners of the property who owns a towing company?
2. Where can I find a copy of a "towing contract" or should the towing company prepare the contract and we sign?
3. Is the association allowed to receive some sort of commission from the towing company?
4. How long does a "Warning sticker" need to be placed on the window of the vehicle before it is towed?
5. Can vehicles be towed if signs of the towing company have not been put up on the property?
Sorry if some of these questions seem very dumb/obvious. I just need to clarify some doubts. Any help is greatly appreciated!