Question Help With Fighting Against Grandparents Rights

my mother has insisted that she see's my son. My husband and I are together and have been back together for over a year we have lived as a family unit. Mother feels that we do not take care of our child to her specifications. She picks our child for information and has even turned us into authoritys for what our child "supposedly" told her.
    She has served us with papers to see our child we have to answer very soon to the court.
    Where can we go to get information on how to file these papers to answer to the courts ourselves as we cannot afford the retainer fee that an attorney is requesting for this process. I want to answer her petion and get a later court date so we can afford an attorney, Or is there someone that can represent us on a slider scale in this matter. I do not want her to see our child.
    I had a physically and mentally abusing child hood and feel that my mothers influance would nto benefit our child. The older our child gets the worse her behavior with our child is getting, she is OBSESSED with our child even though there are other grandchildren she will not give the time of day too.
    We have read what the Texas codes are for grandparents rights and none of these apply to us. This is a case of a strongwilled grandmother whom refuses to back down. PLEASE HELP US as time is running out

Default Re: Help With Fighting Against Grandparents Rights

You NEED an attorney. Contact the Bar Association in your area for a recommendation for someone who can work with you.

You mother will have to prove that it is in the best interests of the child to have a continued relationship with her. If she's as strong-willed as you say, you can bet she already has counsel and is looking for any angle she can to see your child.

Best of luck to you.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Default Re: Help With Fighting Against Grandparents Rights

If this is in Texas, the law is quoted in this thread.

1. Sponsored Links