Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Am I Really Banned From Wal-Mart?

ok i was ca-ught stealing

went to the intake interview officer

probation until i turn 18 ( <2 months)

police officer said that walmart usually bans people who steal.

i never signed a paper saying i would never enter a walmart again

am i really banned from wally world ??

SPRING(fricking)DALE,arkansas

Default Re: Am I Really Banned From Wallrmart?

Are you banned form WalMart? Well... in a way. I'm sure if you walked into the walmart today somebody recognized would ask you to leave. But you're dealing with the worlds largest corporation here. Naturally, they can do little to enforce a universal ban. Walmart managers are over-whelmed by 100's of shoplifting cases each month, they are far to busy to call up every store in the nation and say, "Hey, watch out for this dude named Billy Bob, I caught him stealing the other day." I'm sure they will forget about this within a month. In the mean time, I'm sure you would have little to fear by shopping at the next walmart 2 miles down the street.

Default Re: Am I Really Banned From Wal-Mart?

ok the only thing i worried about is if they have face reconition camera's i noticed that at the very front of the door on the door its self they have cams

panther10758 Guest

If you are banned from Walmart (likely) and you enter any Walmart and are seen an dknown (by any means) you can be arrested for tresspassing. this arrest would likely violate terms of your probation and cause you further probems. Stay out of Walmart!

Quote Quoting panther10758
    View Post
    If you are banned from Walmart (likely) and you enter any Walmart and are seen an dknown (by any means) you can be arrested for tresspassing. this arrest would likely violate terms of your probation and cause you further probems. Stay out of Walmart!
    The chances of him being caught in another store are slim to none. It's not like managers fax pictures of shoplifters to every store in the country! They are to over-worked and under-payed to even care about one shoplifter! My friend is a manager at a local Walmart. She said they get dozens of shoplifting cases each week. It's impossible for her to even keep track of the ones who shoplift in her store. Do you really think they can even begin to keep track of every shoplifter in the country?

I hope you don't have children!!!

Quote Quoting dennab?
    View Post
    ok i was ca-ught stealing

went to the intake interview officer

probation until i turn 18 ( <2 months)

police officer said that walmart usually bans people who steal.

i never signed a paper saying i would never enter a walmart again

am i really banned from wally world ??

SPRING(fricking)DALE,arkansas
    You don't have to sign a paper technically to be banned.
    Did someone from walmart or a judge or your lawyer tell you you were banned? Did the issue come up in court?
    Its doubtful that you will get caught in a differnet walmart than the one you got caught from unless of course you are dumb enough to steal from there again.
    Staying out of wally world may also be part of your probation, these are all questions only your lawyer can answer. Call him/her and ask so you know for sure.

panther10758 Guest

Let me make this clear. The likihood anyone will recall your face is slim yes but is it worth the risk!? Is the chance a LP from store you stole might be in the Wlamart you worth it? Yes it is very unlikely you will be rembered outside of the Walmart you stole possibly even the Walmart you stole from. However violation of probation possible new offense in my view are not worth the risk when there is usually a Target, Kmart etc nearby. by the way the dozen or more shoplifts in a week are a huge stretch that means Walamrt has over 600 shoplifting cases a year not even close to National average. I think that number is slightly distorted. Regardless its your choice if you wish to revisit Walmart go right ahead again is it worth the risk? Last and this should naswer your question. Walmart has a banning policy this means shoplifters are banned. So its is safe assumption you are banned. A simple call to Walmart store Manager could clear this up though. Unless (as gigirle mentions) your ban is court ordered the Store Manager can lift ban if you really want to shop Walmart again.

Quote Quoting dennab?
    View Post
    ok the only thing i worried about is if they have face reconition camera's i noticed that at the very front of the door on the door its self they have cams
    "Face recognition camera"? No, they do not utilize this technology at Wal-Mart ... why would they? Besides, that's a software package and a database, not just a camera. And did Wal-Mart staff take a digital photo of you when you were popped? They certainly don't have access to police photos, and I doubt they would spend the small fortune required to scan every customer to see if they had ever been in THAT particular store and caught shoplifting. I suppose there is a SLIM chance they might be running an experiment, but there is no such program in place that I am aware of in California and I speak to regional loss prevention folks here frequently. Yeah, Wal-Mart gets plundered to the tune of millions of dollars quarterly in just my part of the state ... so I have ample conversations as many of these pillagers run regional operations.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

ok me again Walmart also said that i would get a civil demand letter in the mail but its been almost 5 months now and no letter......

I went in another store 10 miles away with my mom..... and didnt get caught

then last month i had to cash a cashiers check and my mom asked the customer service person and even the manager i think.. and they said it would be ok for me to come in... and they took all my info my drivers license number social dob and everything...... then i really got scared shitless when i saw 2 of the lp's walk by..(assumed they were wearing walmart brand clothes with ear pieces.. but they didnt look or say anything to me

so would it be ok for me to enter a store? ive been 18 for 2 months now and never signed a piece of paper stating that i was banned

and when the lp caught me i think he was just trying to scare me and shit... since ive never got any letters or nothing

Should i call up and ask for the lp? or if i did could they make me come in forfingerprinting and photo taking and signing the paper saying i was banned???

They never took my photo.. ironically i stole a camera never fingerprinted the cops mever took my photo or finger printed

panther10758 Guest

If you enter the store (while banned) and are caught they can arrest you and charge you with tresspassing at very least. If you want to reenter Walmart contact them and ask I am certain answer will be yes

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast