Default Ex-Wife Putting Children's Medical Bills In Ex-Husband's Name

Is it legal for a someone to put their ex spouse as the responsible paying party on a medical bill for a child if the ex spouse is not the custodial parent. Parents and children reside in KY

Default Re: EX Wife Putting All Childrens Medical Bills In Ex Husbands Name

What does the court order state about medical bills? Who carries the children's medical insurance?

Question Re: EX Wife Putting All Childrens Medical Bills In Ex Husbands Name

Until the last year my husband has been the custodial parent and carried the insurance. She was then required to pay 50% of all out of pocket medical expense (she paid 0%). However, now that his ex wife is the custodial parent she carries the insurance and we are to pay 52% of out of the pocket expenses. One of the children has had serveral surgical procedures recently and we were not even made aware of the procedure until after they were done but we get the bills and we are at about $8000.00 right now. The gaurenteor on the statement is my husband his ex name is no where on the statement. We have no problem paying his 52% of the out of pocket these are his children and that is fine. However, if these bills are in his name and she refuses to pay her half as she has done in the past they will be turned over to collections. We have contacted several of the billing dept for the physicians and they tell us they can do nothing and we have to deal with her. How is it legal to put a bill in someone elses name! Not sure what to do. We are also paying $800 mth in child support based on my husband last job and now because he has changed jobs he only brings on $112.00 every two weeks after child support.

The billing departments are blowing smoke up your behind. I would ask for proof of the bill along with consent as the person is a minor. Since your husbands signature will be found no where, I would then use that to dispute the bill. From your point of view, the services were never rendered. Why should you pay the bill?

I contacted the billing department at the hospital and asked him if he came down there could he pick up a copy showing who signed for the treatment and they said NO that they couldn't because of privacy acts.

Quote Quoting TiffanyF4
    View Post
    I contacted the billing department at the hospital and asked him if he came down there could he pick up a copy showing who signed for the treatment and they said NO that they couldn't because of privacy acts.
    Excuse me? He is the father of this minor child, therefore, he has every right to every medical record pertaining to this minor child. That is a matter of law.

Further, if he is listed as the responsible party, as they state, then HE is the one who would have access to the bills.

Your husband needs to contact the hospital administrator. If that doesn't work, I would suggest that he get an atty involved to handle this. He then needs to take Mom back to court for contempt of the court order. She is ordered to pay 48% of medical expenses and is not, leaving your husband to pick up her slack.

Exclamation Re: Ex-Wife Putting Children's Medical Bills In Ex-Husband's Name

We are dealing with the same problem right now. The ex-wife has physical custody and is the only one that takes the kids to the doctor. We get the bills in the mail , sometimes they have the ex- wife's name sometimes they have the kids names, sometimes they have my husbands name. The court order says she has 30 days to give medical bills to us. She will call the hospital or wherever to have them change it to my husband if it comes to her. How can he be the reponsible party for medical bills when he does not take them at all? What about all the bills that go to their address and we never see- are they going on my husbands credit and he won't know until they are in collection? The person responsible should be the person who brings them to the doctor and signs the paper- end of story! How come it doesn't work like that?
    My husband doesn't even see his girls anymore because the ex wife is SO crazy.

Default Re: Ex-Wife Putting Children's Medical Bills In Ex-Husband's Name

If the court orders says he has to pay half the bill then he should if ex is pushing everything towards him then he need sto go to court I guess.Its not fair to him.I am no attorney but sounds ridiculous.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

of the children has had serveral surgical procedures recently and we were not even made aware of the procedure until after they were done...
    How does an involved father with an active relationship with his children not know the child is having a surgical procedure until after it is done???
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

I actually had the same problem a while back with my sons mom putting hospital bills in my wifes name! My sons mother knows that my wife handles all of the bills and she said she told the hospital to call and discuss it with my wife instead they sent the bills in my wifes name and some of them went on her credit! After disputing them with the hospital they finally took them off but they still affected her credit in a negative way. My sons mom didnt understand the support order and it stated that because I carry the health insurance and pay support she was responsible for 50 percent of anything that wasnt covered. Of course she has never had a job so how she intends to pay me back for the bills I have already paid to keep them from going to collections is beyond me.

1. Sponsored Links