Question What Do The Courts Consider An Unfit Mother?

Hi thanks for taking the time to read this. I am in a custody case with my two little ones dad. My oldest little girls dad has handed his rights to him as well he lives in Colorado and I live here in Texas my two youngests dad resides in another county here in Texas, I have sole custody of her.

The juristiction is in williumson county but the hearing is held in Bell county . The Venue was granted to williumson where my kids reside . his lawyer is trying to say they live with him 90% of the time.

My kids have resided with me for the last three years with me alone . Me and my youngest two's father split 3 years ago and he moved out of town by choice. we split because he was physically abusive as well as mentally abusive to me and my kids and an alcoholic.

He has never really paid any child support except maybe 2 or 3 hundred within the last 3 years for his two . My oldest girls dad pays his child support. I admit I work as an entertainer and I hate it, have since I was 18 I also do medical studies as well(lab rat work) lol... both leave me with an open schedual to enjoy my kids .

Our family has had a couple of run ins with social services but there has never been any proof of neglect nor abuse and social services even testified as witness in court they did not find any neglect, all alligations were dropped.

My son has had problems with other children acting out sexual behaviors and his dad is trying to say it is because of what i do for a living , but yet just last year I found out his son sexually mallested my oldest daughter when she was 5. His son is 18 and is getting out of jail this year for multiple accounts of sexual assult.

My kids love me and they do not want to go live with their dad but he is trying to get full custody giving me weekend visits . He has seen his kids every weekend almost for the last three years. i have had them during the week while they are in school.

Will they see I am not unfit what do they consider unfit? I am really worried for my kids that he will gain custody and he will try to make me pay child support.

Default Re: What Do The Courts Consider An Unfit Mother?

My son has had problems with other children acting out sexual behaviors
    How old is your son? What steps have you taken to address this problem? That's a pretty big problem.

I'm not making judgements in any way, but can't you find ANYTHING else to do? Do your kids know what you do?

Post Re: What Do The Courts Consider An Unfit Mother?

NOOO way my children do not know what I do. It also is not my primary Source of income . I am actually trying to continue my education , Working on getting my deploma. had a hard time when I was pregnant but we all learn from our mistakes. Of course I can do other things . That is a work in progress I love my kids and I want the best for them. Oh and this must of confused you I think...giggle.... I have not only been an entertainer I have allot of experiences in other fields have been to collage classes for electronics. I have done construction, worked in the fast food industry, laid insulation , and i have looked into and taken aptitude tests for writing childrens books

My son is on the waiting list for the child advocasy center and I am also looking to get him into see another counciler in the mean time. He needs to be seen at least once a week or when needed. His dad claims he has been seeing this counciler on the weekends but only every other weekend .. to me that is not enough. Oh and my son is 6.

Post Re: What Do The Courts Consider An Unfit Mother?

If I do not do Drugs or have a drinking problem what would cause me to be unfit in the courts eyes?

1. Sponsored Links