Default Getting A Judgement Closed By The Court

I have had a judgement on my credit for the last 4 1/2 years. After finally contacting the creditor to pay the judgement I was informed by the creditor (Capital One) that they have no such record of anything owed or a record of a judgement. So last week I got copies of my credit reports that all 3 show the judgement and the old credit card account. I disputed the judgement and the old account on all 3 since they claim to have no knowledge. I received an email from Equifax tonight saying that both the old account & the judgement have been removed from my credit report. I'm still waiting to hear from the other 2. My question is if I can get the other 2 to also remove the account & judgement from my credit reports and being how Capital One claims no knowledge when I called them. Is it possible to get the court to dismiss the judgement if Capital One is claiming no knowledge of the debt or judgement? I live in Maryland.

Default Re: Getting A Judgement Closed By The Court

It is possible that Capital One sold the debt and that is the party holding the judgment.
    Contact the clerk of court and get a copy. If you were never served you can file to have the judgment set aside.

I have one credit report where at least one month a year they report an ok on the payment history then revert back to the charge off status. I wouldn't think they would continue to do this if they sold it. They did this twice last year. The only contact I have ever gotten was from a lawyers office claiming to represent Capital One.

A "charge off" is an accounting procedure and it has nothing to do with the judgment, the court system, or whether you owe the dough.

I know the charge off has nothing to do with the judgement. What I am saying is that if they had sold the debt why keep reporting it on my credit? By reporting one month a year(last year 2) that the payment status is ok says to me they are trying to age the debt. That being said there is no indication that this debt has been sold. Maryland's own court records state Capital One is who the judgement was entered for and does not make any reference at all of the debt being sold. I have no collection companies trying to collect. And now Capital One has so far let Equifax remove the original account from my credit. I called Capital One about this judgement with the intention of settling it. If they are going to claim they have no knowledge of the debt or judgement as told to me by no less than 3 people at Capital One, can they be fought on the judgement listed by the court?

I have a Judgement from an old CapOne credit card bill and what happened was a law firm bought the debt from CapOne and filed a judgement against me to re-coup the money. That's probably what is happening with you too. Right now I'm in the process of going to court for my Judgment b/c I want to settle. First thing I did was contact the court in my county where all notices were sent. One of the clerks helped me out a great deal.
    You need to contact the courts, see if they have the case file, and request to review it. Then file a Motion to Set Aside or a Motion to Dismiss/Vacate, not sure which one...but start at the courts.

Quote Quoting jeepguy
    View Post
    I know the charge off has nothing to do with the judgement. What I am saying is that if they had sold the debt why keep reporting it on my credit? By reporting one month a year(last year 2) that the payment status is ok says to me they are trying to age the debt. That being said there is no indication that this debt has been sold. Maryland's own court records state Capital One is who the judgement was entered for and does not make any reference at all of the debt being sold. I have no collection companies trying to collect. And now Capital One has so far let Equifax remove the original account from my credit. I called Capital One about this judgement with the intention of settling it. If they are going to claim they have no knowledge of the debt or judgement as told to me by no less than 3 people at Capital One, can they be fought on the judgement listed by the court?
    You can expect the judgment to show up on your credit report until two things happen: (1) You pay it off; and (2) You get a written satisfaction of judgment from the creditor and you file it with the court.

Quote Quoting seniorjudge
    View Post
    You can expect the judgment to show up on your credit report until two things happen: (1) You pay it off; and (2) You get a written satisfaction of judgment from the creditor and you file it with the court.
    Equifax already removed the account and the judgment. The creditor denies all knowledge. Guess I'll see about filing a motion with the court. Either Capital One will suddenly remember or it will get dropped. I have no problem paying it off. The problem is Capital One claims I owe them nothing.

1. Sponsored Links