Default Moving Out At 17 In Texas

I've read most of the other bullitens, and I think I have a hold on the rules, but my mother is very stubborn and would probably win.
    My home life isn't bad, im not abused or anything, just we fight too often and she causes mental problems with me(we've been to a counselor, yada yada), I can't live under her roof.
    I've dabbled in some narcotics, which I have recently told her of, that would hurt my chances of gaining emancapation, yes?
    Currently I am 16, withdrawn from High School-in a homeschool program(just withdrawn yesterday). I am working already and will gladly work more to prove I am capable of moving out.
    I will be 17 in July.
    Although I heard you have to emancipate yourself, i was told of a loophole? That if your 17, your parents know where you are and your safe that you cannot be forcablly removed for any reason.
    Is that just gossip?
    I have various friends who would agree to take me in if I share the rent, thats fine. But what I need to know is what is going to hurt me and what will help?
    What do the courts look for to allow it?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
    Makeim512@yahoo.com

Default Re: Moving Out At 17 In Texas

You can ask your local police what they will do if you run away from home at age 17. (Don't dial 911. Use a non-emergency number, or ask in person.)

Default Re: Moving Out At 17 In Texas

I've dabbled in some narcotics, which I have recently told her of, that would hurt my chances of gaining emancapation, yes?

That would hurt your chances of gaining emancipation, yes. In fact, that just about guarantees that legal emancipation will not happen.

Even in Texas, a 17 year old CAN be forcibly returned home even if the parent knows where he is and that he is safe. Whether or not he WILL be forcibly returned home is a question for the local police. But I guarantee you, a kid who has a history of drug use has a much better chance of being dragged home and put under parental supervison than one who does not.

1. Sponsored Links