Default False Criminal Charges by an Ex-Fiancée

7 year relationship. Engaged in Aug. 2003. Caught her cheating Aug. 2004. Her family finally told me it had been going on 3 years. I left, moved out to her brother's place. She used a key to enter his place, tore up my pictures, etc, stole my personal computer, camcorder + more. I called the cops. She was arrested for grand theft. She then filed a fraudulent order for domestic violence against me to get back at me. My attorney got her to admit the statements on the affidavit for the temp. restr. order were lies, at her hearing in front of the Judge, but he signed the permanent restraining order anyhow. ?? She then called me several times afterwards to harrass me, tried to get me to come over. I sent an email asking her to please stop. She called Citrus co, Sheriff and had me arrested for breaking the restraining order re: the email. She called me to tell me she got my email and was going to have me thrown in jail for what I did to her. (grand theft arrest). I was suspended and then 2 weeks later fired from my job because of the arrest. I have had to move out of Citrus county due to her trying to have me beat up by new boyfriends, death threats from her friends, continuously falsifying evidence to have me arrested again for the restraining order...over $2000 in legal fees to date for me, lost another job im Palm Beach due to my background check showing battery arrests, even though I was arrested for email contact!! Help!!! I had my trial finally for the restraining order contact violation, and her attorney worked a deal with mine to have me sign off on her grand theft charges for her to sign off on my violation of restr. order charge. The state dismissed charges and the judge dropped the case against me. But her attorney is now balking on our deal to have the initial restraining order removed...can I sue her, them...for court costs and loss of wages for her using this whole thing to hurt me? How can I find an attorney who will help me with this in Citrus county Florida? Her family is wealthy and has good connections in Citrus county and I'm nobody...
    Thanks for any assistance.
    "Screwed over by a cheater..."

Default Start With Your Lawyer

You indicate that you have previously been represented by a lawyer in this matter. The best place to start, for getting an understanding of your legal rights and remedies, is to speak to that lawyer. If that lawyer cannot assist you, perhaps he can offer a referral.

Default May need outside help

My attorney has no interest in seeking to "rock the boat" in Citrus county. I have approached him as to what recourse I may have. I have already had problems getting him to be aggressive and have had to do much of the research so far on my own. It seems the good ole boy society in that county is pretty strong. Meanwhile I'm unemployed and worn out trying to protect myself. Seems certified attorneys tend to protect their secrets and each other from us outsiders. Was hoping to find one who cares about injustice enough to help me out. Any ideas?

Default Can't Find a Lawyer

It may well have nothing to do with "protecting secrets". If you hire a lawyer to pursue your cases on an hourly fee, you'll probably have no trouble finding one. What is unlikely is that a lawyer will take a weak or speculative case, or one unlikely to return much if anything in the way of damages, on a contingent fee.

Default CIRCUS COUNTY

You aint the only one who is having problems with citrus county it run like a three ring circus. my wife is having some problems kind of like your's. Her kids had temp. custody of these kids.(two teenage females).Well it was reported to the DCF that there father was playin grab ass with one of these kids and they onther was having sex with his 18 year old man. DCF was called and the kids said if they came here they would runaway because they dont want to live by rules in my home.There father is a slob he piles up trash for days it reported on the DCF case.Me on the other hand,I live in a clean house and this is why they dont want to live here.These two girls have gone as far as to make false staements about myself. They also said to GAL that they told there mother, it us, your husband, or hit the road. this was never said eather.Now after todays court date when you never get to say anything for the record. Like these children and there mother went through 13 years of mental and physical abuse from this man. AND CITRUS COUNTY DID NOTHING TO HELP MY WIFE. NOTHING. Now today DCF and GAL made it clear if i move out the children can live with there mother. I hope they get her on welfare because she will need it without my income to help pay the bill and all the other things in life we work so hard for the state of florida will just rip the family apart what a load os shit.

1. Sponsored Links