Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Abolish Law

I've come to the realization that law is the CAUSE of crime and many of our social problems as well. There is no baby in law's foul bathwater: we need to dump it and start clean.

Default Re: Abolish Law

Huh????

You are advocating anarchy?

Ya, that sounds great. If we had no laws, the crime rate would be 0.

The guy standing next to you could turn to you and drive a knife through your heart and kill you but we wouldn;t have to worry about prosecuting him because....... he didn't break the law.

Ya, great idea.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    The guy standing next to you could turn to you and drive a knife through your heart and kill you but we wouldn;t have to worry about prosecuting him because....... he didn't break the law.
    As opposed to his stabbing me now--where the law doesn't give a rat's butt what he did to me--it is only offended by having the formless wisp of itself having been broken. In court, my corpse is only a silent witness, and my fatal wound is just evidence of how damage was supposedly done to a flawed ideal.

The better question though, is 'why was I stabbed'? I didn't know the man, so he didn't have personal enmity against me. Instead, he was probably frustrated by life as a serf to law, and he stabbed at the law. I was just the living target he needed to strike at the law versus murder. If the law hadn't painted a big bull's eye on my belly, I would still be unharmed.

Your logic is twisted.

Quote Quoting 4eyedbuzzard
    View Post
    Your logic is twisted.
    I see the belief that law is good as being the warped logic.

Quote Quoting Twyce
    View Post
    As opposed to his stabbing me now--where the law doesn't give a rat's butt what he did to me--it is only offended by having the formless wisp of itself having been broken. In court, my corpse is only a silent witness, and my fatal wound is just evidence of how damage was supposedly done to a flawed ideal.

The better question though, is 'why was I stabbed'? I didn't know the man, so he didn't have personal enmity against me. Instead, he was probably frustrated by life as a serf to law, and he stabbed at the law. I was just the living target he needed to strike at the law versus murder. If the law hadn't painted a big bull's eye on my belly, I would still be unharmed.
    well, youhad your chance and you wanted to ramble on in a manner that appears you are attempting to impress us. Sorry, not impressed.

As well, you state this :

You have ignored the fact that I said there were no laws and you ramble on as to how "the laws" frustrated this guy.

You remind me of the hippies of the 60's. "The man" was always keeping them down, man. That just ain't cool, man. "The man" was the enemy then just as he is to you now.

I think your epipheny caused you more harm than it did good. That 8 minutes seems to have really screwed up your though processes.

The guy stabbed ou because he got tired of your incoherent ramblings. Too bad there isn't a law against that so he simply gets to walk away and live his life doing what he wants to whomever he wants. but that is what you are proposing. Enjoy.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post

I think your epipheny caused you more harm than it did good. That 8 minutes seems to have really screwed up your though processes.
    My death experience broke my societal conditioning and allowed me to examine law for what it ACTUALLY is. If you can't debate your (and society's) stance, then how can you be so cock-sure that you're (and it is) correct?

Quote Quoting jojo4
    View Post
    Huh????

You are advocating anarchy?
    How does anarchy (no government) equate to abolishing law? My issue is with the manner that 'law' fails to do (or even attempt) what we want and need it to do. I promote the idea of replacing prohibitive law with protective justice.

"anarchy
    noun
    a state of lawlessness"

Have you ever read Crime and Punishment (Russian: Преступление и наказание) by Dostoevsky? The protagonist tries his hand at living your theory, by killing another person who is evil. Great book if you can get thru the whole thing - might change your opinion on why laws are needed.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast