Default Child Support Fraud

My husbands and I have been married for 12 years. His ex-wife is continuing to collect child support through the state of Florida for my stepdaughter who does not live with the custodial mother. The child is now 17 and has a child of her own, lives in Alabama and is self-supporting. She was pulled from school in Jan. 2003 by her moher in which my husband and I have got records of. The Support Agencydidn't do much good. They say he has to file a motion to cease child support and adjust the depository. He would have had to do this anyway. Is it possible that I can go file it for him, so that he doesn't have to miss work? He was arrested for non-support when he missed a court date we didn't get after moving. We thought they stopped support based on the fact that the child is self-supporting. The mother (I found out ) was arrested for prostitution last year and spent about a month in jail with time served. I take it this was not her first arrest for this action. We are told by witnesses that the mother is on drugs, so we are assuming that is where the money is going and not to the child. She still uses her ex-boyfriends address as her own. He stated that he asked the postman two years ago to stop sending the support payments to his home. He nor we have no current address on her. She undoubtly picks up the support at the depository directly toavoid an address. I have asked the support agency to investigate, but they say there is nothing they can do, we have to file the motion. My husbands boss picks him up from work, we have no transportation, and he cannot miss work due to our bills. The motion forms are confusing to me, yet I would like to try to get this done for him. The child has not acknowledged the father in at least three years, since he asked her to come to visit him to spend time with him, not only when she wanted money. When he stopped paying cash to the mother without getting receipts, she took him to court, all cash received from her until then was considered a gift. He is now paying past support and current support through his check each week. He also pays past support for a previous child from before his ex-wife for a child he didn't know he had until the boy was eight years old. The boy is over eighteen now and in Ohio (at least thats where the mother resides). We have never seen the boy. Anyway, its very hard for us at this time. I have a part-time job and we are raising our grandson (my daughters child) who is eight years old. We need the extra money and we know the ex-wife is not giving the money to the daughter. The support office states that other than us filing a motion, only the welfare can cease the support, not them, but I already reported her for fraud before and nothing happened. I would appreciate any help in filing these forms for him.

Default Motion for Child Support Modification

Anybody can file a motion; but he will have to appear in court to provide evidence in support of his motion. For support hearings, he may be able to get permission to appear by telephone - it's worth asking.

Default Child support answer to reply.

Thank you Mr. Knoitall.

He would appear at the hearing. I was concerned with the signature on the motion if I filed myself for him.I thought they may want him there for verification of filing the motion. The ex did not show up for several hearings, yet the state atorney spoke on the ex-wifes behalf without knowing the facts. I was wondering if we could file a motion online, yet I could not find a to do this. I think that would make things easier on the person filing the motion. They should have a link to file motions online if anyone can file. :idea:

Default Signing the Motion

If he is required to verify the motion, he should sign it. What would be the difficulty with that?

Default Verify the motion

What I meant was that I thought he had to actually be there, show proof of his ID or something to that fact. He and I have a notorized letter allowing me to have access to either case, perhaps that will work. I'm just trying to help him so he doesn't have to miss work. She gets enough money from him that she shouldn't be. I just wish they would let us file online to make things simple. They have to make everything so difficult. Our car is broke down, his boss picks him up for work. I will have to get a ride or take the bus to help him. Enough said. His ties are with his daughter, not with the ex. I'll do what it takes to help him myself. Thanks for your advise.

1. Sponsored Links