Default Can You Get Arrested For Preventing Repossession Of A Car, in Georgia

My car is under repo from a company , the repo company called and said I had 36 hours to contact them , or they were going to have me arrested
    How?

Default Re: Can You Get Arrested For Preventing Repossession Of A Car, in Georgia

It is possible to be arrested if you hide a car from repo.

A civil action can be taken against you in a court. In Georgia, O.C.G.A. 16-9-51 "Hiding, encumbering or endangering property subject to security interest........" is a misdemeanor charge. They can get a warrant against you & then there is an outstanding warrant for your arrest on the books. The next time you are pulled over.....possibly to jail you go and only a judge can let you out.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Default Re: Can You Get Arrested For Preventing Repossession Of A Car, in Georgia

hmm, I'm not hiding it, but car stays in garage not out where repo man can access itand I have not recieved any certified letters , just a phone call from repo man saying that I had 36 hours to contact him, or he will have me arrested

hmm, I'm not hiding it, but car stays in garage not out where repo man can access itand I have not recieved any certified letters , just a phone call from repo man saying that I had 36 hours to contact him, or he will have me arrested

What kind of notice are you expecting to get?

You know if you have defaulted on the loan or not.

yes, i know i late, but i need to keep along as i can

Quote Quoting junglejoe606
    View Post
    They do not have to send you a certified letter. The second you default, in Georgia, they can just come get it.

If you impede the repo process in any way a magistrate judge will most likely file a warrant.

The last time I had to file like this was exactly the same. Guy had his car in the garage, repo man could not get it. He spent 3 days in jail, his court date is 4 more months out. Here is hoping he gets me the money before then, for his sake.

hmm, once im arrested , No BOND?
    thats wierd: (

1. Sponsored Links