Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Frozen Bank Account Over Child Support

PLEASE help!My partner and i have been together for 9 years,we have a joint bank account together and they(The New York Child Support Unit)froze this account.Can they do this?his children are 23 through 29 there are 6 kids here,in Sept.of2000 he paid off all arrears and he was up to date as of 2001 none of the children lived with there mother the last three lived with us.she said she was going to sign them off and never did.She also continued to collect food stamps and other welfare benifits for children that she did not have.we tried to explain this to the child support unit and they did not care and instead of signing the children off of child support she up and moved to Florida.BY The way his ex had remarried 15 years ago and she never reported that so the spousel support never stoped either.Do we have to pay because she committed welfare fraud they are going after the wrong person? Can they freeze this account even with my name on it?p.s. we are not married. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!Again Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank-You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Frozen Bank Account Over Child Support

Yes, they can freeze the account if your name is on it.
    As for being up to date on CS, only you can prove it to the CS office.
    If she never "signed them off"( whatever that means ), then he still had to pay. It would be up to your partner to prove that he's paid every dime.
    If they are in college, odds are, he still needs to pay child support.

HELLO,THANK-YOU FOR YOUR REPLY.WHEN I SAY THAT HIS EX NEVER SIGNED THE KIDS OFF I MEAN THAT IT WAS HER RESPONSIBILITY TO LET CHILD SUPPORT KNOW THAT THESE KIDS WERE NO LONGER IN SCHOOL,OUT OF HER HOUSE AND GAINFULLY EMPLOYED.SHE WAS ALSO SUPPOSED TO LET THEM KNOW THAT SHE REMARRIED AND DID NOT .SO THE MONEY THEY SAY IS OWED KEEPS GOING UP AND UP!THEY ARE SAYING WELFARE IS OWED THE MONEY BUT SHE DID NOT HAVE THE KIDS AND SHE COMMITTED WELFARE FRAUD.

Quote Quoting monicanpookie
    View Post
    HELLO,THANK-YOU FOR YOUR REPLY.WHEN I SAY THAT HIS EX NEVER SIGNED THE KIDS OFF I MEAN THAT IT WAS HER RESPONSIBILITY TO LET CHILD SUPPORT KNOW THAT THESE KIDS WERE NO LONGER IN SCHOOL,OUT OF HER HOUSE AND GAINFULLY EMPLOYED.SHE WAS ALSO SUPPOSED TO LET THEM KNOW THAT SHE REMARRIED AND DID NOT .SO THE MONEY THEY SAY IS OWED KEEPS GOING UP AND UP!THEY ARE SAYING WELFARE IS OWED THE MONEY BUT SHE DID NOT HAVE THE KIDS AND SHE COMMITTED WELFARE FRAUD.
    No. It was HIS responsibility.

Please...Just type with normal capitalization. All Caps on the net is considered yelling.

cap locks are off,sorry did not know that.thank-you!when we contacted child support they told us that we can't sign the kids off,they said she had to.

You're going to have to go back to court, and file a modification to emancipate the kids. And possibly, have the arrears wiped clean, as mom seems to have committed fraud ( to some extent )

the kids are 23 up to 29 years old!

View Post
    the kids are 23 up to 29 years old!
    Your bf should have done this when they were 18. Unless he wants to continue paying support for his adult children he needs to file modification.

i'm sorry i quess i should have explained a little more in detail that we are in pennsylvania and yes we did take off of work and went to new york to take care of this at the time the kids were 18 and they lived with us and nycs told us that they would send court papers and court date in the mail they never did.we tried writting and calling and we have gotten no where.i quess its safe to say he needs a family law lawyer from new york do you know any?

View Post
    i'm sorry i quess i should have explained a little more in detail that we are in pennsylvania and yes we did take off of work and went to new york to take care of this at the time the kids were 18 and they lived with us and nycs told us that they would send court papers and court date in the mail they never did.we tried writting and calling and we have gotten no where.i quess its safe to say he needs a family law lawyer from new york do you know any?
    Call the New York Bar Association and they will refer you to someone.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast