Default Last Name Change On Birth Certificate

Not to sure if this questions has been asked...I live in Indiana and my daughter is 1 month. I am the only name listed on the birth certificate and gave her my last name.. Her father and I just recently got a blood test done proving he is the father. He wants her to have his last name on the certificate. How is this done? Can I still have mine appear on their as well?

Default Re: Name Change

Quote Quoting Jazzy22408
    View Post
    Not to sure if this questions has been asked...I live in Indiana and my daughter is 1 month. I am the only name listed on the birth certificate and gave her my last name.. Her father and I just recently got a blood test done proving he is the father. He wants her to have his last name on the certificate. How is this done? Can I still have mine appear on their as well?
    If this is something that you don't agree with, he would have to file in court for the change. You could see if he would be agreeable to hyphenating...ie..Smith-Jones. This is most likely what a Judge would order anyway.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!! Girls are lovely...I have two!!

Default Re: Name Change

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a few questions that I have about my husbands ex wifes son.

This has been going on for the past 7 years or so, when they were married she got preganat by another man so when they went for there divorce there was a court ordered Dna because she didnt know who the father was. Well it was provin that he was not the childs father, he has been getting bills for the child for the past 2 years and he has contacted his ex wife and tould her that he was getting these bills and they havent been addressed yet. Aslo it was in there divorce degree that it was ordered that if wasnt this childs father that his last name was to be changed and his name was to be taking off the birth certificate. It still hasnt been done after 7 years. Is there anyway you or anyone could help me figure out what to do about this

Thank You

1. Sponsored Links