Default Consideration For WIC In Child Support Calculation

I live in Florida.

Here I am again... Still in the process of an Administrative Proceeding to Establish Child Support through the Department of Revenue.

I was wondering if WIC could be used as a deduction from the custodial parent's expenses? Obviously the cost of keeping the child fed would be dropped considerably if the parent is receiving free food...Just wondering how that would fit and how I could request that this fact be taken into account when the DOR is calculating the support order.

Thanks for all your help!

Default Re: Consideration For WIC In Child Support Calculation

Quote Quoting letsprocre8
    View Post
    I was wondering if WIC could be used as a deduction from the custodial parent's expenses? Obviously the cost of keeping the child fed would be dropped considerably if the parent is receiving free food...Just wondering how that would fit and how I could request that this fact be taken into account when the DOR is calculating the support order.

Thanks for all your help!

I was wondering if WIC could be used as a deduction from the custodial parent's expenses? No.

Obviously the cost of keeping the child fed would be dropped considerably if the parent is receiving free food... Hardly.

Just wondering how that would fit It doesn't.

and how I could request that this fact be taken into account when the DOR is calculating the support order. Don't even.

Do you know anything about the WIC program? Wic is not income it is 4 checks. They provide next to nothing total between the check there is about 4-6 gallons of milk 32-36 oz of cereal 2-4 lbs of cheese 18 oz of peanut butter 2 dozen eggs and a lb of dry peas or beans. For an infant 30 cans of conc formula 3 boxes of baby cereal and 15 gerber baby juices. This is not going to reduce a food bill by much at all. Your squabbling over pennies really. If you bring up wic they are going to laugh at you and think your a petty jurk. dont even try it.

Quote Quoting babyfat5
    View Post
    Do you know anything about the WIC program? Wic is not income it is 4 checks. They provide next to nothing total between the check there is about 4-6 gallons of milk 32-36 oz of cereal 2-4 lbs of cheese 18 oz of peanut butter 2 dozen eggs and a lb of dry peas or beans. For an infant 30 cans of conc formula 3 boxes of baby cereal and 15 gerber baby juices. This is not going to reduce a food bill by much at all. Your squabbling over pennies really. If you bring up wic they are going to laugh at you and think your a petty jurk. dont even try it.
    If you can't READ, then don't reply to my posts...not ONCE did I mention income AT ALL in this post...I said a DEDUCTION from EXPENSES. Expenses is a totally different category...obviously.
    I know that WIC provides a certain amount of nutritious food for those who can't afford to feed their children. 30 cans of formula doesn't reduce the costs of feeding an infant? When each of those cans of formula is close to $20? If WIC didn't make a difference, I don't see why anyone would bother signing up for it. I came on here asking a simple question because I know that my ex will be putting down that she has exorborant expenses and I am simply trying to get all my ducks in a row. I'm not trying to be petty at all. I know that each person has to watch out for themselves in these cases because the state isn't concerned about your individual welfare, so that's what I'm trying to do on here. It's not a crime and the last time I checked, making sure that you're stable doesn't make you a bad person...
    This is why I request that personal comments are left out and simple straightforward legal advice be given...If I wanted to have my character attacked, I would give my ex a call...

Clearly you didn't get the point so let me make it more simple for you it is not going to lower her expences by that much. Yes formula is expencive but in order for her to receive that Wic check she must be low income. Another words she can't afford to buy that formula. I'm not trying to defend your ex seems to me like she has some issues if she is going to try to nickle and dime you but on the other hand your playing the same game.
    When we went through this the only "expences" that were deducted were those for the child such as daycare and cost of medical. For the parents only re occuring medical expences like having to pay for a medication not dr visits. What they are going to look at and give the major consideration for are those things. They aren't going to pay attn to a lot of what she would put down as expences just because she put them down.

Let me give you a really good example: When we went through this bm was getting something called "mountain heart" which is a place that based on income and provides assistance for daycare expences. They were footing the bill for daycare. When they did the math they got what the day care expense should be if she did not have the mountian heart. The ammount not sure what it was but it was high she was responcible for $47 of it and the rest went into expences for which my bf had to pay. Then when mountain heart re did her stuff based on her new income of child support she had to pay more in child care expences which she was getting from child support to cover that cost. She did not gain anything mountain heart just had to pay out less.
    Now in your situation the total with out wic will be calculated she will be responcible for her part you yours if she is still under the income level she will cont. to receive wic if not they will take away the wic. The ammount of child support may bump her over the income level. I see your point in that if she is under the income level this helps with expences but not by a whole lot. They just aren't going to count public assistance as anything. By the way I have been on WIC and they don't pay for all the formula she is probably still having to buy at least 3-4 cans on top of what they give her.

Wink Re: Consideration For WIC In Child Support Calculation

Quote Quoting babyfat5
    View Post
    Clearly you didn't get the point so let me make it more simple for you it is not going to lower her expences by that much. Yes formula is expencive but in order for her to receive that Wic check she must be low income. Another words she can't afford to buy that formula. I'm not trying to defend your ex seems to me like she has some issues if she is going to try to nickle and dime you but on the other hand your playing the same game.
    When we went through this the only "expences" that were deducted were those for the child such as daycare and cost of medical. For the parents only re occuring medical expences like having to pay for a medication not dr visits. What they are going to look at and give the major consideration for are those things. They aren't going to pay attn to a lot of what she would put down as expences just because she put them down.

Let me give you a really good example: When we went through this bm was getting something called "mountain heart" which is a place that based on income and provides assistance for daycare expences. They were footing the bill for daycare. When they did the math they got what the day care expense should be if she did not have the mountian heart. The ammount not sure what it was but it was high she was responcible for $47 of it and the rest went into expences for which my bf had to pay. Then when mountain heart re did her stuff based on her new income of child support she had to pay more in child care expences which she was getting from child support to cover that cost. She did not gain anything mountain heart just had to pay out less.
    Now in your situation the total with out wic will be calculated she will be responcible for her part you yours if she is still under the income level she will cont. to receive wic if not they will take away the wic. The ammount of child support may bump her over the income level. I see your point in that if she is under the income level this helps with expences but not by a whole lot. They just aren't going to count public assistance as anything. By the way I have been on WIC and they don't pay for all the formula she is probably still having to buy at least 3-4 cans on top of what they give her.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to re-post and explain yourself a little more clearly! The only reason that I'm trying to include this as a deduction is because my ex made a member ID for herself on Ebay and SOLD the cans of formula that she got from WIC for PROFIT. She told me when we were together and she first became pregnant that she was going to do this...She's abusing the system and it makes me SICK to my stomach knowing that not only will I be paying child support to someone like this, but that my TAX payer dollars are supporting someone like her...a LIAR. So maybe that explains why I'm trying to squeeze everything out of her that I possibly can. Every penny and every dime...

And her parents are buying all of her supplies that she needs. They're putting a roof over her head, paying her car payment, paying her car insurance, and feeding and clothing her child. Then she's unemployed so that she can get Medicaid and WIC...then she's coming after me for CS. She doesn't need it. She's just doing this to spite me and I know it for a fact.

But you've pretty much answered my question, and I really appreciate it. I guess unless people know the whole story, (which I know no one wants to read everytime and I sure don't want to write it every time) it's easy to see how I would look like a cheap noncustodial parent trying to cheat my kid, but that's not the case at all. I know he's being provided for, and I know this money will just be spending money for her to get her nails done. And since I can't do anything about how she spends that money, at least if I'm not giving her an outrageous amount, I won't be as amazingly bitter about it.

Thanks again!

Quote Quoting letsprocre8
    View Post
    I really appreciate you taking the time to re-post and explain yourself a little more clearly! The only reason that I'm trying to include this as a deduction is because my ex made a member ID for herself on Ebay and SOLD the cans of formula that she got from WIC for PROFIT. She told me when we were together and she first became pregnant that she was going to do this...
    Take the proof you have and give it to the state, they will take it from there. Any type of assistance fraud is not tolerated well in FL.

Quote Quoting Xena
    View Post
    Take the proof you have and give it to the state, they will take it from there. Any type of assistance fraud is not tolerated well in FL.
    I see why your bitter now. That is fraud if you can prove that the ebay account is hers and what she is selling on it she may have to pull jail time. All they have to do is trace the IP number back to her ebay will supply the IP number if asked by an agency for the state/feds. Once they know the ebay account is hers she is done for. I'd call in a tip sometimes the person who called in upon conviction of the welfare fraud gets a cash reward.

Oh I forgot to add ebay seller accounts count as income It is like self employment prove the account is hers and she is turing a profit she has a job and it will be considers as income when the cs is calculated. If she gets out of the fraud and you can't get her that way get her as being self employed for profit.

1. Sponsored Links