Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Unlawful use of stolen motor vehicle

i purchased a car, i purchased it with cash i handed him the cash, i checked I.D. I.D matched the Title and the title matched the car. i got the keys he signed over title. next day i get pulled over and cited for unlawfull use of a motor vehicle and posetion of stolen motor vehicle. the person who called it in stolen, doesn't own the vehicle anymore. not after he sold it to me and sign over and whillingly handed me the title. the dood has nothing in his hands to prove and say i stole the vehicle, i was in posetion of everything. i dunno why he called 911 and lied said i stole the vehicle??? maybe he's trying to pull a scam, cuz i paid cash, he wants to get paid twice??????? who knows... the point is...i want my car...and not these charges.

my 2 charges;

UUMV
    PSMV

What will happen now? ...when i got pulled over i was in posetion of the title registration and i had insurance from my previous card. they aressted me at gunpoint and took me to jail on a saturdaynight.

My car i had owned for 24hours got towed and impounded....What will happnen to the vehicle? do i have to paY? i will deal with this civily after this criminal charges against me have been taken care of. in a small claims court, could i sue this guy for false acusation, leading to arest and jail time for me. also i had co-workers with me who got arrested and let go. how about demolishing of charactor? ... somebody with good knowlage on this kinda stuff plz help me out.

Default Stolen Car?

Obviously the "owner" has some explanation as to how you came into possession of the keys and title, which doesn't involve your buying the car from him. And it seems that you do not have his signature on the title conveying the car to you. So what is the "owner's" story?

i had an investigator find out the other side to the story...the guy i bought the car from, called the car in stolen momenteraly after the deal was done. THE TITLE WAS SIGNED DATED AND MILEGE STATED ON THE DATE OF PURCHASE BY THE PERSON WHOS NAME IS STATED ON THE TITLE ( PERSON WHO CALLED IT IN STOLEN), in 24 hours everything happned.. will the DA attempt to persue such false allegations?..the guy says i never gave him any money. i handed him 8700 dollars for a 2002 japanease car.

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP GREATLY!

i also have a copy of his listing, on an online market. which his contact information is accecible.

i didn't brake the windows, i didnt shove a screw driver through the ignition, didnt mess the alarm, commited no burgulary. i purchased the car.

Default Allegedly Stolen Car

If you paid $8,700 cash, you should have some indication that you had the cash - bank withdrawal slips, or something like that. You may also be able to subpoena the seller's bank records to see if he deposited the cash. If you're claiming that this money fell from the sky without any paper trail whatsoever, you'll have some credibility issues to resolve.

In many states, the title reads like a simple receipt - the selling price is indicated on the title, and the seller's signature is expressly noted on the lease to indicate receipt of payment. Check to see what the text on the title in your state says. (And what explanation does the seller have for having signed the title over to you, if you supposedly didn't pay?)

I am not sure why you need an investigator to learn what should be contained right in the police report - have you reviewed the police report? (You would probably benefit from retaining a criminal defense lawyer to help you resolve this matter.)

Default reply plz help

I received an amount of $10,000 from my father in cash for school encouragement and success; I’m in my third year of business school. And I come from a wealthy family. The issue of the cash being in my hands isn't an issue that I should have to resolve...don't you think? He should prove first that he didn't receive it. Right? (I have a written statement from my father signed and dated for the cash received)

State of Oregon title has no price section. Has odometer reading (which was filled) - has date section (which was filled) - had a section which prints..

[b] All owners shown on the front of this title, who are releasing their interest, must sign.

He printed name, and signed after receiving of cash.
    (My mistake was that i never got a receipt from him after the payment was made)

A law school undergraduate i was discussing my case with informed me that with the evidence that the DA is presented with, he might not choose to file a complaint. NO COMPLAINT. What are the odds of that happening?

I just wanna get my car back ASAP..

YOUR RESPONSES TO MY THREAD ARE HIGHLY HONORED.

Default Gift from Dad

Put yourself in the position of a prosecutor - You are going to claim that the money fell from the sky, with no paper trail? Your father had $10,000 cash in his wallet one day, and just handed it over to you, with no bank slips or other evidence to support that either he or you ever actually had the cash?

You're trying to avoid being charged with a crime. You're almost certainly going to have to do better than that, if you want a prosecutor to actually believe that you had the cash and paid in cash. The prosecutor knows that even if you got the cash from your father, it truly didn't drop from the sky, and there should be a paper trail.

What is the seller's explanation for having signed the title and given you the keys?

I just know that god is with me I committed no crime. Therefore; I don't believe I’m going to get charged with any of the two offenses. I went downtown and tried to get the police reports, there’s an application $10 fee and it will be mail to me up to 21 days.

As for the cash, my dad is in international business and has cash in other currencies that he obtains overseas, aside from his private construction business he has projects overseas which is paid in cash and exchanged for us currency in the country, cash doesn't fall from the sky. It’s hard earned money. My dad has a PhD in architecture and is wanted for work worldwide.

My investigator ran the plates on DMV. Also he has no logical reason to why he signed the title, handed me the original keys with the keyless entry, and registration card. He claims he got no money. When in this state; if the car hasn't been paid off in full; none releases interest in the vehicle by signing the title, and hands it to the consumer prior to getting paid.

Isn't this a civil matter?
    …Arguments between a consumer and seller?

(I CAN see where the prosecutor might suspect theft, I not having a receipt of cash withdrawn, but really that’s my mistake for purchasing a car with cash. Given that’s what the seller asked for on a phone conversation)

I JUST DON’T SEE HOW AN INNOCENT PERSON STUCK IN MY SITUATION WOULD GET CHARGED FOR SUCH SERIOUS CRIMES AND SUFFER SUCH A FINANCIAL LOSS OVER NOT HAVING A RECEIPT FOR THE MONEY. AND A 911 CALL reporting the car "stolen" meaning; burglarized, vandalized, broken into, hot wired, spare key and/or anything that showed signs of theft.

WHAT EVIDENCE IS THERE THAT I STOLE A VEHICLE FOR CHRIST SAKE?

I Greatly appreciate all your help so far! I’m concerned about my reputation and future life.

Default story

I have a cash received receipt from my fathers business; when he gave me a receipt, and is keeping original copy for his records. It’s legitimate with both signatures and presentable to courts.

ANY ADVISE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Default Allegedly Stolen Car

Without more information, it's hard to speak to the case. We have no idea what this person told the police. If the police report is complete, try to get a copy (or have your investigator get one) so that you know what was said, and it may make the whole thing make more sense. (Or less? Either way.)

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast