Default CPS Unfounded Accusations Multiple Visits

We live in New York State. My family has been visited by Child Protective Services 12 times in the last 2 years. CPS gets calls from statewide calling center. We know who is making these calls but can not prove it. My son is being pulled from school for questioning without our knowledge. Over the last 2 years every case they have gotten called upon have been unfounded and closed and sealed, with in that same week we get another complaint against us. We would like to know if we should be hiring a lawyer and if this is consided harrassment to my family. CPS claims there is nothing we can do about these calls. I do understand that every call needs to be investigated but 12 times for the same accusations are a little bit much, exspecially if every one is unfounded. I need some advice and some information please anyone.
    Thanks for listening:

Default Re: CPS Unfounded Accusations Multiple Visits

I know somebody this happened to she first called the supervisor in the office in her county and explained that there were an excessive amount of investigations of the same nature being called in and got the story line that the calls must be investigated blah blah... So she called the supervisors supervisor and said the same story and said that if it did not stop she was going to sue for harassasment. I'm not sure if the person calling stopped calling or they just stopped looking into it but she stopped getting investigated.
    You should also know every state has a law about calling in false abuse charges they just don't enforce it. I have only ever read one story where a false call came in on a daycare center and the person was a former employee and the case was an obvious revenge case. I have never seen anyone convicted for calling on a particular family.
    I hope your saving all the unfounded letters when they close the investigation. They can pay off later. You may be able to use them to file harassment charges againt them.

thanks for your comment on our case.I have a relative in the judicial system and i was advised by him to contact legal aid requesting help in out case.All the alligations have been unfounded and sealed. I told the cps surpervisor i feel someone is over my shoulder every minute. and I'm getting fed up. The very next business day ,i think monday is a holiday so i may have to wait until wednesday.I am contacting legal services in our area and i'm going to try to get something done.The csp supervisor advised me of a bill in the new york senate by representive Scarboro to request tape recording of abuse calls.Then maybe they can analize the voice recording to comfirm the same person calling the same charges against the same family. This would be ny state bill A4137A by Scarboro

panther10758 Guest

I had this very thing happen to me here are your options

. Contact CPS tell them you feel the calls are all coming from same source (they know who it is more than likely). Since it is so many calls calls from this source "might" be ignored. I know the calls about us stopped once they knew this was just a person makingup charges or rewording old charges proven unfounded.

. Contact Police and file charges against the person(s). You don't need to know who it is but Police can investigate

Quote Quoting babalou
    View Post
    All the alligations have been unfounded and sealed.
    This means nothing really. When a case unfounded or not is looked into by cps a record goes into the system and is in there till the youngest child turns 18 founded or not. Say they are investigating you for smaking your child. They say unfounded never open a case. Then 6 mos later same deal. Then again and again. Then one day they get a call saying you left a bruise on your childs lower back from a beating. Well the kid may have a bruise from bumping into a table or something but they say it is founded and draw up a petition for removal and the first thing you will see on that petition will be on xxx date and this one and that one the dept received calls stating xxx .... They don't get sealed and poof all gone They stay there and are used if ever they need them for future use. Also sometimes the number of refurrals increase the risk that something could have happend and a case can be opened based on risk factors. That is why it is important to get this person calling and get cps to recoginze this is harassament not child abuse/neglect.

1. Sponsored Links