Hybrid View

Default Illegal Speeding Tickets In California

I post on this site and others mostly concerning traffic tickets in CA. In this state, the legislature has set the bar very high for the cops to write a legitimate speeding ticket. Examples are:

1. Prima Facie speed limits must be justified by a traffic and engineering survery.
    2. The prosecution must prove that a speed trap did not exist (although there is never a prosecutor in traffic court)
    3. There really isn't a code for exceeding a prima facie speed limit, you are actually charged with endangering persons or property.

The list goes on. But, the point is... the legislature is clear about the high burden it wants to place on the state in the prosecution of speeding tickets. Cops and Courts routinely abuse these rules and illegally prosecute hundreds of cases each day in this state.

So, I come here to help people prepare a defense for themselves based on these issues. However, I am typically met with vicious opposition from other posters here.

Am I really out of line?

Default Re: Illegal Speeding Tickets In California

Did you have a legal issue you wanted to debate here, or are you just complaining that people don't necessarily see things your way?

Welcome to the Internet, where opinions are like sphincters - abundant and varied. Please drive through.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting 2JIMinCA
    Am I really out of line?
    What line would that be?

Your last name wouldn't happen to be Young, would it?
    ------------

So you help people prepare a defense, what is your success rate for people that have been able to beat a speeding ticket?

I probably should have posted this in the BANTER section. I guess the legal issue to debate here is the ethics of vigorously defending yourself against simple infractions (i.e. speeding tickets). In CA, the laws are written in such a way that you could mount a strong defense against just about any such ticket. Most of the posters have the attitude of, "you know you are guilty... so just suck it up and take it like a man". Personally, I want to hold the state to the high standards standards required by law. I have yet to loose a case in CA, and I have helped many others defend themselves. So, given the minor nature of these tickets, is this vigorous defense ethical or not?

Quote Quoting Happy Trails
    View Post
    What line would that be?

Your last name wouldn't happen to be Young, would it?
    ------------

So you help people prepare a defense, what is your success rate for people that have been able to beat a speeding ticket?
    I am just about at 100% for my successful defense rate. However, I have two tickets that are in appeal right now.

And, no... my last name isn't Young.

And I still find it simply amazing that anyone has that much time to fight so many tickets when it is so much easier just to heed the posted limits.

I guess I value my free time too much to want to joust with the system so often.

To each his own.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

1. Sponsored Links