Default My Apartment Complex Towed My Car

Hampton,Va.

A few months back my apartment complex started doing parking decals. We have gone to our managments office and registered all of our vehicles and have parking decals for them. The decal in one of our vehicles came off and fell behind the drivers seat( they are little round self cling decals). The inside of the vehicle builds up condensation on the windows(it a 76' vette) and the decal came off. We are residents at the apt complex now for 7 months and there is nothing regarding parking in our lease exept for no parking in the grass. The notice that was provided to us about the decals states " the towing company will be out on a nightly basis and have a list of all registered vehicles." The towing company is trying to charge us $150.00(usd) to get our vehicle back even though we were told that if we were able to open the vehicle and show them that the sticker had fell there would be no charge, which we did. When we showed the tow guy that the decal was not sticking properly he said that he would only drop the storage fee but we still have to pay the towing cost of $125.00(usd). We do not belive that we should be responsible for a defective decal When the tow truck driver has a list of all the registered vehicles..and the car has been here every night for 7 months
    Anyone got any advice?

Default Re: My Apartment Complex Towed My Car

What is the actual rule for towing? Is the rule that you don't have to have the decal on your car if it is on the list of registered vehicles, or is it your responsibility to have the decal on your car at all times at risk of being towed? I suspect it's the latter, and the purpose of the list is to spot-check for misuse of decals.

1. Sponsored Links