Default What Forms Do I Need To Get My License Back

I had a hearing for my license about a year and half ago, I went to it a day late so I missed the hearing. I just blew it off completely for all that time. I had a current situation in school that I did not need my license, so at the time I did not care

I graduated in september 07 and actually had a child in the same month, so now I really do need my license.

I called Penndot in Harrisburg PA on there offhours and listend to the automated voice machine. From what I got from it your license suspension wont be credited until they recieve a "valid" driver license and form DL16LC for restoration, but I my license is expired.

Do I still just fill out this form with my expired license to them? or should I contact them about how to get my license back.

I figure I will have to wait for the 60 day suspension regardless what my license standings are because I missed the hearing. Being that I did do over a year of my suspension, is there any forms or anything I can do to maybe lessen the amount of time?

Default Re: What Forms Do I Need To Get My License Back

I suggest a personal visit to the DMV. They are the only ones with your record and the only ones that can tell you what you need to do to get your license reinstated. My crystal ball is on permanent loan to SJ.

Default Re: What Forms Do I Need To Get My License Back

Quote Quoting kane1289
    View Post
    I had a hearing for my license about a year and half ago, I went to it a day late so I missed the hearing. I just blew it off completely for all that time. I had a current situation in school that I did not need my license, so at the time I did not care

I graduated in september 07 and actually had a child in the same month, so now I really do need my license.

I called Penndot in Harrisburg PA on there offhours and listend to the automated voice machine. From what I got from it your license suspension wont be credited until they recieve a "valid" driver license and form DL16LC for restoration, but I my license is expired.

Do I still just fill out this form with my expired license to them? or should I contact them about how to get my license back.

I figure I will have to wait for the 60 day suspension regardless what my license standings are because I missed the hearing. Being that I did do over a year of my suspension, is there any forms or anything I can do to maybe lessen the amount of time?
    There are a lot of possible way to reduce your suspension and clear the issue with PennDOT. The first thing you should do is to get a Restoration Requirements Letter from PennDOT. This letter will tell you what needs to be done to get your license back.

If there is a line that says "Driver License Return" then they are still waiting for your license. I suggest you do NOT turn the expired license in with the DL16 form. Fill out the form and send it to the address on the Restoration Requirements Letter. Make sure you send it by Certified Mail (return receipt requested) you should request a receipt because PennDOT has a history of misplacing these forms.

One they get your form they will start whatever term suspensions you have. If you have any indefinite suspensions you will have to take some steps to clear those from your record. This does not mean just go and pay these tickets because they may result in more suspension time to your record. A payment is a plea of guilty and certain violations have suspension time associated with them.

You will also be required to pay PennDOT a restoration fee. I suggest you pay that fee ASAP. There is no harm in paying it and PennDOT will not restore your license without it being paid.

You may be able to get back credit for the suspension time you have served but PennDot did not give you credit for. Have you moved since the violation? Have you ever received a PA state Photo ID card? When did your license expire? There are a lot more reasons that a petition can be filed for this back credit.

You also may qualify for a "Limited License" depending on your driving history and what violation has suspended your license.

Good luck with it all!
    License Restoration Services Inc.
    Helping drivers throughout PA with license suspension and Work License issues.

1. Sponsored Links