Default Probation Violation and Move to Another State

I AM CURRENTLY ON PROBATION IN MY HOME STATE.I HAVE MOVED TO ANOTHER STATE AND HAVE NOT BEEN THERE IN ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW. I HAVE GOTTEN A DECENT JOB AND ENROLLED IN SCHOOL.I REALLY DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO JAIL AT ALL. I KNOW THERE IS A WARRENT OUT FOR MY ARREST IN MY HOME STATE WERE THA VOILATION IS..WHAT I WANNA KNOW IS..IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I COULD BE REINSTATED AND MOVED TO THE STATE WHERE I AM LIVING NOW OR SHOULD I GO BACK HOME AND TURN MY SELF IN THER. I REALLY DONT WANNA DO MORE THAN 30-90 DAYS FOR THA VOILATION ,HONESTLY I DONT WANANDO ANY TIME. BUT SINCE LEAVING HOME I HAVE DONE A LOT BETTER WITH MY AND I REALLY SCARED THAT I WILL HAVE A RUN-IN WITH THA LAW AND GET SHIPPED AWAY TO SOME JAIL ONLY TO BE SITTING WAITIN TO BE PICKED UP.. AND LOSE ALL MY PERSONAL BELONGING AND PLACE IN LIFE PERIOD..HELP ME PLEAE

Default Use a criminal defense lawyer

I suggest that you hire a criminal defense lawyer, and have the lawyer contact the prosecutor's office to try to work out a deal for you so as to minimize your exposure when you come back.

What sort of deal he can reach will depend upon a number of things, including your criminal history, the charge for which you were on probation, and the amount of time left in your period of probation.

OK WELL I WAS ON PROBATION FOR GRAND LARCENY WHICH IS MAJOR ,BUT NOT THAT BIG COMPARED TO OTHER CRIMES.I SWERVED SOME OF MY TIME ALREADY AND WAS RELEASED ON PROBATION ..WELL AFTER MY RELEASE I MET WITH THE PROBATION OFFICER TWO TIMES AND WS TOLD THAT MY CASE HADNT BEEN ASSIGNED ..WHIXCH WENT ON FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS AFTER THAT. I THEN LANDED A GOOD JOB WITH A OUT A STATE COMPANY AND HAVE NOT BEEN BACK TO VA SINCE .BUT ONLY TO VISIT MY PARENTS AND FAMILY EVERY NOW AND THEN .I AM BASICALLY ASSUMING I WILL END UP SERVING SOME TIME .BUT I WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH .I HAVE LIKE A YEAR LEFT OVER MYHEAD A AND DO YOIU THINKTHERE IS ANY CCHANCE OF RE0INSTATEMENT AFTER ME BEING GOEN SO LONG AND WOULD THEY TAKE INTO CONSIDERATIONOF MY TURNING MY SELF IN

Default Moved out of state

My boyfriend was put on probation in Florida. We moved to another state 1 year ago. We went through the legal channels for this, it took about 8 months. The state we relocated to wanted a good reason to accept this "Courtesy Probation" as it is called (This is when a person is on probation in a specefic state and is being 'supervised' in another. The Offender is still on the original states probation). So we needed to get married immediately (there went my dream wedding) so that we could state that I had a job here and he needed to be with me and our kids. Why they needed us to be married I will never know. My husband remained on Florida probation even though we are not there now.
    But beware: If you violate in the chosen state, it is a long process. This is my current dillema. If he had violated in Florida, he would have been given a bond hearing, and going to trial soon. But here, he is on a detainer because this state cannot make any decisions about him. He violated on a misdomeaner and has been in jail for 2 weeks already. On top of it, our attorney is telling us that the case needs to go before a florida judge, going through the same channels as before and must remain in custody until then. It was 8 months to get here! It might be that long to get him out!
    Without rambling, I reccomend that you turn yourself in in your home state. Of course, speak with a good attorney first. If you can gather good reason to be in another state; family, job, etc, then you should be able to relocate, after being reinstated, which I don't think should be a problem with a good attorney, since you haven't bben in any trouble. But like I said, this could take some time.
    Good Luck!

1. Sponsored Links