Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paying Child Support After A Child Is Moved To Another State

It sounds like if a father thinks child support is too high then this group screams out dead beat. what if the child was moved out of the birth state, should the father be expected to pay more now because of the lack of time he is now able to spend with the child? Is it fair now for the non custodial parent to pay 53% cause he makes more than the custodial parent? Is this father a dead beat because he feels he is being bullied by both the mother and the courts? What about the fathers lack of time with the child what about the fact the custodial parent took the child out of state doesn't she bare some responsibility to this situation? Or can she have her cake and eat it too for the sake of the child?
    I think that if you take a child out of the birth state you have naturally taken on the extra responsibility including financial.
    She would like more money, I would like to see my child on a daily or weekly basis, but that can't happen. Not to Any fault of mine.

Default Re: Paying Fathers

Child support is paid in accord with a state's child support guidelines or formula. No state has a formula which calls for a support payment of 53% of a father's income for the support of one child, nor is there a "moving out of state" increase.

Default Re: Paying Child Support After A Child Is Moved To Another State

I'm sorry. non custodial parent pays 53% of child total support. and the amount of time the non custodial parent spends with the child is taken into account financially. If the non cus parent spent alot of time with child support payments are lower than if the non cus spend less time with said child. With the child being out of state this DOES effect the amount ordered to pay. I have the paper work to prove that fact.

Quote Quoting azdad36
    View Post
    I'm sorry. non custodial parent pays 53% of child total support. and the amount of time the non custodial parent spends with the child is taken into account financially. If the non cus parent spent alot of time with child support payments are lower than if the non cus spend less time with said child. With the child being out of state this DOES effect the amount ordered to pay. I have the paper work to prove that fact.
    Did you object to the move?

If you can't be bothered to follow the simple instruction to identify the state involved, nobody here can point you to the state's child support formula. Which will establish that I am correct.

It is quite possible that the father ran up a significant arrearage, and his payments toward the arrearage increase his monthly payments. I't is also possible that he experienced a change in income and chose not to attempt to have his support recalculated, or was determined to have voluntarily reduced his income in order to try to avoid support.

Default Child Moved Out Of State Support Increase?

I have a child I pay support for that was moved out of state in 1996 (child was 2 1/2). now an increased is being sent through the system.
    I want to know if the fact that the child was moved to another state (I could not stop her) help me in my fight to keep cs from going up? I mean i can understand 20% increase but a 66% increase is being sought.

Default Re: Child Moved Out Of State Support Increase?

Quote Quoting azdad36
    View Post
    I have a child I pay support for that was moved out of state in 1996 (child was 2 1/2). now an increased is being sent through the system.
    I want to know if the fact that the child was moved to another state (I could not stop her) help me in my fight to keep cs from going up? I mean i can understand 20% increase but a 66% increase is being sought.
    Did you contest the move through the court within a timely fashion? Is this the first increase sought in the last 11 years? Did you run the numbers through the CS calculator to see if it was reasonable?

Default Re: Child Moved Out Of State Support Increase?

Should we guess from your name that the custody case is out of Arizona? If so, you can review the Arizona child support guidelines here (PDF), or use the official child support calculator found here.

Sir I apologize. the state is Az. and yes i do make more money than before.
    i was sent the form to give my income and the amount of time i spend with the child every year. filled out the form. received one copy stating they wanted to raise the payments to 420 a month i in turn sent back a return letter stating that i am able to see the child but once a year and sometimes not at all for that year and that the increase is not fair. she is a teen aged girl and wishes to do other things during the summer. i then got a letter back from cs stating that now i would owe 480 a month. arrears would bring it up to 560.
    this is why i concluded they used the fact i don't see the child so therefore my cs was increased another 60 bucks.
    i just want to know if i can use the fact she took the child out of state as a defense against the increase. At least to that degree.

Have you checked the guidelines and calculator to see if support was properly calculated?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast