Default Emancipation and getting a driver's license

i am getting a decloration of emancipation in the near future because the living conditions i am in now and my parents are also extremely abusive. and i dont have my drivers license and will really need to get it after i move away from my parents where my sister helps drive me to work. and me and my councelor have been talking about this and she segusted the emancipation but wasnt sure on this one thing...

the question is, to get my liscence do i need to take the in class and then in car liscence classes like a minor would, or as a normal adult would?

any help is greatly appreciated

Default Emancipation and Driver's License

I can't find anything in the law which would suggest that California will ease the requirements for obtaining a driver's license, just because you emancipated. You can contact the California DMV to get a definitive answer.

Default Re: emancipation and drivers liscence in CA

Quote Quoting ICEninja
    the question is, to get my liscence do i need to take the in class and then in car liscence classes like a minor would, or as a normal adult would?
    How old are you now? And how old do you anticipate being when you get the official emancipation order?

And, how do you KNOW you will become emancipated? This is a VERY difficult thing to do in CA and rarely done.

- Carl

FYI, you may have a licensed driver 25 years of age or older or a licensed or certified driving instructor complete the certification for your 50 hours of behind the wheel training prior to receiving your provisional license.

And if emancipated by court order (other than by marriage) the department may accept a driver's license application signed and verified only by the minor and accompanied by proof of financial responsibility.

Contact the DMV for full details.

- Carl

1. Sponsored Links