Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Emancipation in Kentucky

At what age can you be emancipated in Kentucky

Default Kentucky Emancipation Law

Kentucky does not have an emancipation statute.

Default Re: Emancipation in Kentucky

Then how can others receive Emancipation? I have had a friend receive Emancipation and we live in Kentucky. My boyfriend will turn 18 in 2 months, and he wants Emancipation. His Mom is taking all of his money, and trying to get him either put in foster care or called incompetent by a judge. He has worked and supported her and paid all of their bills since he was 14 when she pulled him out of school. She won't let him leave because she wants his money. He fits all of the laws I have seen, except consent by a parent. He is over 14, he supports himself. He has found a place he can go and live and pay for, and Emancipation will not effect his life. He is currently studying for his GED, and he will go to college when he receives it. He is just ready to get away from his Mother. She abuses him mentally. What can be done quickly?

At 18, he reaches the age of majority and unless determined to be incapable of managing his own affairs by a court will have the rights of any other adult.

ok im 17 and i moved to kentucky from tennessee because my dad made me move because i didnt get along with my stepmom and i want to be emancipated my mom does hit me and i want to live with my boyfriend whom is 18 and has his own apt. and car and has a well paying job and i will have is that possible?

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Kentucky Emancipation Law

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    Kentucky does not have an emancipation statute.
    What part of Aaron's post did you not understand?

i want to live with my boyfriend whom is 18 and has his own apt. and car and has a well paying job...is that possible?

No. It isn't. Not until you too are 18.

There isn't a judge in the country who will emancipate a teenager so that she can go live with her boyfriend.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    i want to live with my boyfriend whom is 18 and has his own apt. and car and has a well paying job...is that possible?

No. It isn't. Not until you too are 18.

There isn't a judge in the country who will emancipate a teenager so that she can go live with her boyfriend.
    ok im 17 as well and i dont think that i fit the requriments to be emancipated however i dont want to be emancipated to live with my bf or anything but i work as a sub contractor and its not much money but its not permenat but i make the money and my dads gf stills it i get yelled at for everything and if i was able to do something about it i would live with my bf its not just another teen problem i really stay stressed out all the time it puts a real damper on my mental well being so are they anything i can do

Read the stickies, then post your own thread. Once you've read the stickies, it will become apparent that you won't qualify for emancipation.

And if you do post your own thread, don't use textspeak. Use things like complete sentences, capitalization, punctuation, etc.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast