Default Shoplifting at Barnes and Noble

i was arrested today for shoplifting from barnes and noble in new york. i gave the store and the cops all of my information. i have a court date on the 20th of this month. what do i do? where can i find information on this? what is the punishment for this? and what type of crime is this? im really scared. i was arrested in august for possession of alcohol and some abc violation (sorry i have no idea of the exact term). and i have a court date on the 11th of this month for that arrest. what should i do about the shoplifting? is this very serious? i did not want to tell my mother so i have no money myself to pay for a lawyer. i gave the cops all of my information and phone numbers and my mothers information. would they ever have to contact either my home or my mother? really just what should i do? im confused and really upset. ive never been in any troube other than these two times. please someone just help me out with this. what am i working with? and what consequences am i facing?

Default Caught Shoplifting - Afraid To Tell Mom

I think you should bite the bullet and get some help from your mother. The signifcance of the charge depends in part upon whether you are a juvenile or an adult.

im 18. does that make it worse.

Yes, it does. This is searious especialy with other charges also pending. You definately need a lawyer and they can contact your home and most likely the court will at some point.

1. Sponsored Links