Default Driving Without A License While On Probation

hello im chris, i am 20 years old. i am currently on probation for 5 years, which i have completed two and a half of. i have been arrested several times this year for driving without a license. i have to drive because its how i get around to work and do other things. ive tried getting my license, i passed the learner permits exam after they checked all of my ids and was told i couldnt get it because my name on ssn card and on passport didnt match one had my middle name the other one didnt. then when i was arrested the cops lose my papers, so now i dont have ids. anyway i am the man of my house cant afford to go to jail. i help my mom with bills and other. i have been in jail before the time is not the problem. whos going to help my mom? well i am being charged with an e felony for excessively driving without a license. i never paid the tickets until now which was like $2000 dollars. have a very good lawyer but i cant plead guilty on any case because probation will violate me or so i think. i know i cant do a felony or misdemeanor what i want is a traffic violation so probation doesnt violate me. does anyone have any similar cases or know of similar cases?

Default Re: driving without a license while on 5 year probation

Reguardless of what you plea probation is going to violate you (rightfully so, it sounds to me)
    If you are deemed innocent they will reinstate your probation but you can be assured the violation is in the works as we speak.

TAKE A DAMN BUS! or do the remaining time behind bars (which isnt a problem because your a tough lil punk)

Default Re: Driving Without A License While On Probation

a tough lil punk? im getting this from a guy that probaly grew up in the suburbs and the baddest crime you see in your town is most likely domestic violence and dwi. where i am from i step out and theres cops on every corner because everyday is survival of the fittest.:wallbang jail is not a thing compared to my neighborhood we are in jail we just get to walk freely.

Default Re: Driving Without A License While On Probation

When sitting in court for the 2 years it took my DUI to go through the system, and many continuances by my lawyer and the state, I heard a lot of stuff. There were several cases, similar to yours, in the NC court system.

The judge told them that they no longer had their privelege to drive and they knew that. They chose to drive anyway when there was alternate transportation. Raleigh, NC had an "ok" bus system, there were taxi cabs, friends, etc. I sat in court and watched a young kid in college get his third DUR violation and be labeled a felon. ...which means that completion of college may not happen on his terms because Wake County and North Carolina don't have any good felony diversion programs.

My father drove his boss for 1 year almost every day when his boss got hit with the #2 DUI.

1. Sponsored Links