Default Fighting a Speeding Ticket in Quebec, Canada

I actually live in a province quebec, canada.

I got a speeding ticket for going 46 over the limit I got clocked going 46 over the limit during rush hour traffic which if you've ever been in is completly impossable, I was doing 116 in a 70, on a double sided high way, the thing I don't understand is how the cop can say it was for sure me, if he didn't have sight of me im sure for more then 1 second at a time, because of traffic, (it was a 4 lane on my side and 4 line the other side and I was on the fast lane (even though in traffic the fast lane really just becomes another slow lane :P). (Edit: And I'd like to add that the oposite side or the other lane actually has no traffic during rush hour, or atleast at the part of the road. I've checked it 4-5 days in a row.)

I live in quebec, canada, montreal. I was just wondering if you might know of any laws, tricks or things of the sort that I might use in courts.

I also was wondering when exactly can I get what they have against me to build my defence?

And lastly I was told it might take a year or more, a year and like 4-5 months to get a trial, do you think using the 7.1. Right to trial within a reasonable time would work?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Default Re: Fighting a Speeding Ticket in Quebec, Canada

I'm not familiar with Canadian (or Quebec) traffic laws, but here's general advice on fighting a speeding ticket.

How are you making out with your ticket? I was recently tagged in 'la belle province' for 38 over and like you, feel unfairly targeted. Perhaps we can share tactics!

Hi I lost 12 point on my drivers licens only 3 left. I got a ticket last month for 3 points stop sign, in November I will be getting back 3 points what should I do contest the ticket, avoid paying it and pay it in November when I get the 3 points back, What should I do???

1. Sponsored Links