Default The Legal Right to Get a Receipt

I purchased three football tickets to the FSU vs. Miami game, and I asked for a receipt. I was refused.

I called the city police, who referred me to the campus police, who investigated. The campus police kept trying to tell me that I am not entitled to a receipt. But I am sure that I am. The tickets do show the price, but it is not a proper receipt that I could use for reimbursement.

I swore out an affidavit, but I doubt they will actually file the case. Latter, I was given a receipt from another office associated with the ticketing office.

I think that when I was initially refused a receipt, a law was broken, and I was treated so badly, that I would like to press charges and bring the hammer of justice down upon the evildoers.

Does anyone know of a law in Florida or federal that guarantees a receipt when you pay cash for something?

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Default Getting a Receipt

As with a typical movie theater, your ticket probably serves as your receipt.

Default Re: The legal right to get a receipt

i believe legaly both parties in the transaction are equal, in other words the obligations are the same for both you and oranization you purchased the item or service from.

They are no more required to give you a receipt than you are to give them one. No law was violated, but you can certainly review the statutes. There are some trades specifically listed that require receipts, but to my knowledge general purchases do not require one.

Default Re: The legal right to get a receipt

Quote Quoting fsu23phd
    View Post
    I purchased three football tickets to the FSU vs. Miami game, and I asked for a receipt. I was refused.

I called the city police, who referred me to the campus police, who investigated. The campus police kept trying to tell me that I am not entitled to a receipt. But I am sure that I am. The tickets do show the price, but it is not a proper receipt that I could use for reimbursement.

I swore out an affidavit, but I doubt they will actually file the case. Latter, I was given a receipt from another office associated with the ticketing office.

I think that when I was initially refused a receipt, a law was broken, and I was treated so badly, that I would like to press charges and bring the hammer of justice down upon the evildoers.

Does anyone know of a law in Florida or federal that guarantees a receipt when you pay cash for something?

Thanks for the help.

Chris
    A sale is a contract and the issuance of a receipt is not required to excecute/close it.

That being said, IF, that's IF, there was some type of law that mandated the customer receive a receipt when they ask for one, it would be a Municipal/local ordinance, probably not state and certainly not federal.

As KIA points out, your possession of the tickets is POP, proof of purchase. Since these tickets are not refundable though, it is not like a store where a receipt must accompany a return/exchange.

It is bad business, to me, not giving out receipts when the customer asks for one.

1. Sponsored Links