Unhappy Rights of a Pregnant, Emancipated Minor in Kentucky

I have an important question, and was wondering if someone could help me figure it out.

I'm a minor (15 years old) and five months pregnant. I recently told my mother, and she handled it better than I expected. However, there are some legal complications. My doctor told the two of us that because of the pregnancy, I am now an emancipated minor.

What does this mean in my case? What rights do I have? Does this mean I'm completely self-sufficient and can make all the decisions concerning my place of residency, decisions for my child and whatnot?

I'm asking this because the father is 21 years of age, and we're trying to decide what is best for our daughter with the living conditions. My mother, my sister and I are currently living in a two bedroom apartment. My sister and I are sharing a room. My mother refuses to watch my daughter when I am at school or work (which is understandable) and also refuses to take my daughter to her father's apartment in the mornings before she leaves for work, or allow the father to spend the night with his daughter to help me out in the mornings and spend time with her before he works. When he goes to work, his mother volunteered to watch our daughter from 1:30 to 3:30 (which is when I get home from school). This, therefore, creates the problem that these living conditions aren't suitable for our family.
    I'm terrified and extremely upset that social services will be called and they will take our daughter away, I don't think that's fair to have her yanked from her home simply because my mother wants me to learn the "hard way" and will not allow me to move out on my own. My mother is very hostile towards my sister and I and we fight a lot, which isn't the environment I want around my child. The father and I want to get married, and I read that a pregnant minor can get a marriage license in Kentucky if the District Court approves.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriag...p/kentucky.htm
    http://usmarriagelaws.com/search/uni...ky/index.shtml

Reading this, I don't want you to think I'm some brat that just wants to live on my own with my boyfriend because my parents won't stop telling me what to do, because it's not like that at all. I want what is best for my daughter, our family, and her relationship with her father, and I don't think having four people in one bedroom is healthy for her. I want to keep her, and I already can't imagine my life without her.

How can I put this request into action? What are my rights? What do I have to do?

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for reading this.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: My rights as an pregnant, emancipated minor in Kentucky.

No you are not emancipated. You are medically emancipated far as medical decision for you and your child but thats it By the way your 21 year old Bf will likley be in jail for rape

Yes, I'm fully aware he can be put in jail for stat. rape.

What about marriage? Will they marry us despite the age difference?
    What do you suggest I do in this situation?

Lawful marriage would emancipate you, but if your boyfriend is facing charges or is incarcerated I doubt that a court will authorize marriage.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Rights of a Pregnant, Emancipated Minor in Kentucky

However your parents must consent to marriage and this will not prevent rape charges from being filed

1. Sponsored Links